Newcastle United 1-1 Brighton & Hove Albion (11/05/24) | Reaction: pg 21

Yorkie

Posted (edited)

We're still in the driving seat. Some folk just desperate to be fucking negative.

Edited by Heron

disappointiny not to win but could be a very valuable point 

thought we were the better team but also very sloppy and easily could have lost it 

big call taking off Isak but he couldn't get involved and was having a poor game, also keeps him fresher for midweek game 

on the plus side it looks like Brighton are back, and I don't see them losing at home to Chelsea or Man U 

Just now, Heron said:

We're stillman the driving seat. Some folk just desperate to be fucking negative.

Pretty much sums up a lot of the pretend supporters on here!

2 minutes ago, Robbo2 said:

Why's are people writing off Europe? Obviously a knock, but Man United and Brentford a both shit - got to fancy our chances

Man United are a mess at the minute, but can be so jammy.

Brentford away is never easy and they are not shit. Toney, Wissa and Mbuemo are capable of anything.

It's not going to be easy, but hopefully we can come through successfully.

1 minute ago, TheHoob said:

Frustrating game but still in our hands. Barnes looked miles off it when he came on, a strange one. 

Perhaps a sign of why he hasn't been starting games recently. Who knows what's up with him.

I do think taking Isak off was a mistake. It's clear why it was done though, 3 games in a week and no backup striker. Almost paid off too, if Barnes had released that ball to Miggy a fraction earlier. Margins.

Just for the "U NEVR CRITIZISE HOWEE" wankers.

3 minutes ago, Heron said:

Forest won't lose to Chelsea is my gut feeling.

Forest can be tricky. Could see them get a result.

Let's hope for the best. Fingers crossed.

We've got Dubs in goal, Krafth and Burn playing at CB, Tino and Hall our full backs, Anderson and Longstaff in midfield, Murphy up top, and we're playing Brighton, one of the toughest teams to play in the league, take it easy, will ya?

It's amazing football isn't it? All season players have played the full ninety when shagged and today of all days isak comes off for a rest when we needed him the most. But far to many poor cutbacks to no one is what done us in the day. 

Posted (edited)

I personally just don't get over-negativity in any walk of life. Like obviously sometimes there is good cause to be negative, but surely if mankind had an overly negative attitude to everything in life we wouldn't live in the world we live in like.

"Ah there's no way you can make a light that you simply switch on and off, that candles gone out millions of times and that won't ever change you fool" :lol:

Edited by Heron

2 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

I do think taking Isak off was a mistake. It's clear why it was done though, 3 games in a week and no backup striker. Almost paid off too, if Barnes had released that ball to Miggy a fraction earlier. Margins.

Suggests to me the man of glass is out for the rest of the season, so need to manage Isak’s minutes.

So many complaints about Almiron yet I haven't heard a single mention of Barnes, who was far worse.  Almiron was stupid with that dive.  But he also got in behind at times and created a goal if not for the pass to him being a fraction to late.  Meanwhile Barnes was off the tempo in basically everything he did.  I like Barnes so I'm not going to call him names for it, but I just find it odd that out of the two Almiron is the one given no credit at all.

3 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

He didn’t look right all game tbf - maybe he was also not 100% fit? 

Although we didn't batter them with shots and chances it felt very similar to that Leicester home game last season. Big atmosphere before the game, huge amount riding on it but alot of the line and we failed to make the right decision so often and that cost us in the end. 

The occasion does seem to get to us more than Howe would like I'm sure. Off the top of my head, it's only really PSG this season where we've done well in one of our "big" games.