Brentford 2-4 Newcastle United (19/05/24) | Reaction: pg 36

Yorkie

1 minute ago, wormy said:

Really is amazing the way we love to score in bursts and it's wonderful watching the way it knocks the stuffing out of opponents.

What was the Toney hate about? My TV went to buggery for a spell again and I could do with boosting my existing distaste toward him. 

Went through the back of Bruno for now reason.

1 minute ago, PauloGeordio said:

He’s here for next season as a minimum! 

Just worry about the clause pal.

It's so tempting for sides that need a player like him, he's a rare commodity, would instantly elevate a midfield.

4th best goal difference in the league.

With only half the injuries we've had, we would definitely have had top 4. Even just Pope, Joelinton and Tonali for 6 months would have been enough IMO. 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Agree with everyone's sentiments re Big Joe. Absolutely bullied them at times; a glorious sight. 

Very impressed again with Hall, he's got some great technique. 

However. Last day of the season 2010/11 - never forget. 

Alan Smith's mega blonde barnet coming off the bench to help us gurn our way to a point from a 3-0 lead, halcyon days.

Great 1st half. What a difference Joelinton makes to our whole team performance. Nothing silly in 2nd half please lads.

Just now, mighty__mag said:

Just worry about the clause pal.

It's so tempting for sides that need a player like him, he's a rare commodity, would instantly elevate a midfield.

I honestly believe he’d have to want to leave. For one more season and see how it goes he doesn’t. Time will tell I know. 
IMG_3733.thumb.jpeg.81cc81c26f6d26472eeaf75ba19c8a32.jpeg

IMG_3728.thumb.jpeg.939de724b27ddc7c505c0afc842895cb.jpeg

IMG_3731.thumb.jpeg.857aa40dcf4bec023f0be3cc0d43f8b6.jpeg

IMG_3729.thumb.jpeg.d0768c5709dba12ec3fa5d78ece34347.jpeg

1 minute ago, timeEd32 said:

Went through the back of Bruno for now reason.

Bruno clattered him a minute or so earlier tbf.

8 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

And?  

And over here we’re relying on Man City winning the FA Cup. Plus when was the last time an Italian team won the CL? Inter in 2010? City just won in 23. 

4 minutes ago, Beren said:

The Isak assist for Murphy was inch perfect. Wow.

It was perfection, 99% of work done on the pass leaving the easiest of finishes possible.

Just now, Beren said:

Just saw the Joelinton miss [emoji38] Blimey.

Aye, the domination in midfield because of having Joe back.  And how much more confident do we look at the back with Pope back in.

Just now, Lish007 said:

4th best goal difference in the league.

With only half the injuries we've had, we would definitely have had top 4. Even just Pope, Joelinton and Tonali for 6 months would have been enough IMO. 

Which is why I can't understand anyone saying Eddie's not doing a fantastic job. Top four last season, would have have been top four this season (without injuries/ban), our Eddie's the boy for us, without doubt!

Couldn't ask for much more really. Game is over and we've done what we needed to from our end. Just need other results to fall our way and it will have been a very decent season all things considered.

2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Bruno would play every week for City. No doubt. He’s just so good.

He’d tear it up, he’d be passing to KDB and Foden instead of Anderson and Longstaff. 

1 minute ago, Thumbheed said:

I am once again asking for Bruno to play further up the field

I’m bored of saying I want us to buy a dedicated 6 to allow it. :lol: Howe won’t do it, which is fair enough 

7 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

Which is why I can't understand anyone saying Eddie's not doing a fantastic job. Top four last season, would have have been top four this season (without injuries/ban), our Eddie's the boy for us, without doubt!

Totally agree!!

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

I’m bored of saying I want us to buy a dedicated 6 to allow it. :lol: Howe won’t do it, which is fair enough 

Big Joe and Sandro can play that defensive role next season, let Bruno sit further up behind Isak. As good as two brand new signings already for next season.

Just realised Bournemouth have Solanke on the bench. 

Hope he comes on and does the business. Still hoping for 6th place.