Brentford 2-4 Newcastle United (19/05/24) | Reaction: pg 36

Yorkie

I don't give a f**& about finishing above Man Utd. I'd rather they won the title if we'd been runners up. 

Hopefully we get European football for next season, for the exposure, for (the corrupt) coefficient points for the future, for FMV.

Well fought and well earned win. Keep what needs keeping, get rid of some deadwood, strengthen the squad and let’s go again next season!

A nice way to end what has been an amazing, frustrating, bewildering, at times disappointing and ultimately OK season. We go again!

Really mixed performance that. Glad the season is over in a way.

Nice to finally have Man Utd finish below Newcastle. Bit galling it's taken this long.

Lot to do over the summer not just in terms of personnel.

The Newcastle united blood inside me now fears the celebrations of Man City will lose their focus in the cup final and cost us a place in Europe.

It never sleeps.

Great season though all things considered. PSG and Sunderland games seem a lifetime ago.

Just now, Beren said:

Really mixed performance that. Glad the season is over in a way.

Nice to finally have Man Utd finish below Newcastle. Bit galling it's taken this long.

Lot to do over the summer not just in terms of personnel.

We know how to do it now, let’s keep it going.

6 minutes ago, SAK said:

City ain’t letting Man U of all teams have the FA cup.

Aren't they going for some record number of trophies in a season or something?

Posted (edited)

Care for finishing above Man United as much as if we finished above anyone else really....especially if they somehow beat City next weekend and take European football away from us.

Edited by Aiston

Despite all the injuries, Tonali suspension, lack of squad depth, FFP restrictions, restrictions to try to stop us (Related party loan ban during January window), we did really well.

Exited as we’re a few players away from being an elite team (right winger, Isak backup, attacking mid, centre back, GK). Hopefully we can do some good business in the window.

Good win - we did what we had to. Some good peformances - Bruno ran the midfield - thought Big Jo tired as the game went on (understandably)

Guess we will all be Man Citeh supporters, next Saturday then? :)

12 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

The Newcastle united blood inside me now fears the celebrations of Man City will lose their focus in the cup final and cost us a place in Europe.

It never sleeps.

Great season though all things considered. PSG and Sunderland games seem a lifetime ago.

Didn’t affect them last year when they won the league and then went on to win two more trophies AFTER that.

City are a trophy winning machine. They’ll batter United next week, won’t even be a contest. What’s the record scoreline for an FA cup final?

List of our goal scorers in ALL competitions for those interested:

Isak - 25
Gordon - 12
Wilson - 10
Longstaff - 8
Bruno - 7
Almiron - 5
Barnes - 5
Schar - 5
Burn - 4
Joelinton - 3
Murphy - 3
Own Goals - 3
Botman - 2
Hall - 2
Willock - 2
Lascelles - 1
Livramento - 1
Miley - 1
Ritchie - 1
Tonali - 1
Trippier - 1

Random one but I kept the game on for a while after it finished and wasn't really paying much attention, the next thing I know Thomas Frank came out with a microphone and started thanking the fans etc.... but he went on for ages and was dropping loads of F bombs and swears and there was kids and families looking on from the stands looking horrified ? honestly surreal.

Did anyone see it? 

58 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Dubs would have saved that to be fair.

Dubs is finished mate.  Just accept it.

Just now, Tiotes Witch Doctor said:

Random one but I kept the game on for a while after it finished and wasn't really paying much attention, the next thing I know Thomas Frank came out with a microphone and started thanking the fans etc.... but he went on for ages and was dropping loads of F bombs and swears and there was kids and families looking on from the stands looking horrified ? honestly surreal.

Did anyone see it? 

He's a complete tit.

I'll take finishing above Manure for no other reason than that's what they'll see when they look at the table. Small beans ?

Bit like having a special video celebrating the 5-1 ??

I think unless you're Man City, Arsenal or to some degree this season's Liverpool you can look back at certain games and howl "if only" but we've done remarkably well given the way the season rolled out. 

Lots to overcome and, tbf, they've done it. 

Hopefully Citeh do a number

A strange end to a strange season. Some fantastic memories made but not too gutted it's over, it's been very intense. Feels like everyone needs a break.

Hopefully, City batter Man U in the cup. It's not unimportant to finish above another Big 6er either but it's a very small consolation for a season where I thought we'd finally break our duck.

1 minute ago, Groundhog63 said:

Screenshot_20240519_183833_com.twitter.android.thumb.jpg.5108a6f13d1a55d07e4f5317c6454bb3.jpg

Sounded shit all game.  And also so fucking grim that "your shit ahhhh" thing on goal kicks.  

19 minutes ago, Leemond said:

List of our goal scorers in ALL competitions for those interested:

Isak - 25
Gordon - 12
Wilson - 10
Longstaff - 8
Bruno - 7
Almiron - 5
Barnes - 5
Schar - 5
Burn - 4
Joelinton - 3
Murphy - 3
Own Goals - 3
Botman - 2
Hall - 2
Willock - 2
Lascelles - 1
Livramento - 1
Miley - 1
Ritchie - 1
Tonali - 1
Trippier - 1

Isn’t it the first time we have broken the 100 goals scored 

4 minutes ago, Menace said:

Am I looking into things that aren't there or did Pope not seem right? Seemed to point at his shoulder a few times

I'm not convinced about Pope,was shaky before injury.