Next season

Rod

Most that know me on here will realise that I speak from the heart and normally give an honest opinion.  I don't like "knee jerk" reactions and can't stand moaners and half empty glass types.

I'm going to give me my take on next year.

Newcatle United will be the main rivals to Man City. We win it or runners up.

3 minutes ago, Rod said:

Most that know me on here will realise that I speak from the heart and normally give an honest opinion.  I don't like "knee jerk" reactions and can't stand moaners and half empty glass types.

I'm going to give me my take on next year.

Newcatle United will be the main rivals to Man City. We win it or runners up.

IMG_0143.gif.b15365c77267ac83831a06ba55775379.gif

Posted (edited)

If we get a couple of decent signings in, keep relatively injury free, keep Bruno, and Isak, then I think we can do top 3.

I’m not saying that we will, but could. I think Chelsea will go back to being hit and miss, Man Utd will be on the transition, so too will Liverpool. Villa will find it difficult, and Ange will be found out at Spurs.

Edited by Stifler

Top 3 battle with Chelsea as I think they are starting to gel and Liverpool will drop off, we do need a few new players and some luck with injuries though. Some kind of cup win, domestic or European. 

2 minutes ago, Stifler said:

If we get a couple of decent signings in, keep relatively injury free, keep Bruno, and Isak, then I think we can do top 3.

I’m not saying that we will, but could. I think Chelsea will go back to being hit and miss, Man Utd will on the transition, so too will Liverpool. Villa will find it difficult, and Ange will be found out at Spurs.

:yao:

Just now, Dokko said:

One thing is for sure, now that rough season is out the way, we can be very positive about the future. 

The future’s bright, the future’s black and white :indi:

I bloody hope so, Rod. I sure bloody hope so.

Not to get my hopes up, but seeing the last two and a half years, so many players that couldn't contribute this season that should be back for next season and another transfer window to strengthen the squad even further? Can't wait.

I came in to this season being happy if we put up a fight to stay in the top 6 without knowing the absences we'd face. We still did that and then some. Next season with either Conference League to allow for more rotation or no Europe at all (hopefully not but I'll just look at the tiny silver lining of midweek breaks) could allow this lot to really push on. 

If luck goes our way with injuries and draws, I don’t think Top 3 and another final is outrageous. Don’t think we will keep up with City and Arse, but wide open below that. 

Depends on the incomings and outgoings but I think this season has been massively character building for the whole squad and back room staff. Really positive we’ll kick on next year and be back in the Top 4.

I’m very excited about next season. Looking forward to it very much. Bring it on! Hopefully we can get some really good signings done and be a bit luckier regarding injuries. 

Yeah, I suspect that we are going to have a barnstorming one. Ended the season on a relatively high note when it looked fairly grim a few months ago. Big summer ahead, but I think this was a very useful lesson for the club. We're in good hands.

The plan is….. spend a cool billion or two in the summer window, showing two fingers to all financial regulations, win endless premier leagues back to back and ride the hundred plus charges aimed at us along the way. Fool proof plan.

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

Genuinely think 2 great signings and some luck with injury from being a huge menace next season. Imagine a Gordon on the right instead of Murphy/miggy ?