Next season

Rod

Think the Conference League (should we be in it) will stop us challenging at the top of the league sadly 

Do think we will have a good season though, assuming we don’t have the likes of Longstaff playing every week and Dumbo doesn’t play a single minute between the sticks 

Arne Slut going to Liverpool will see them drop off imo. If Citeh get fucked for the 115 charges it could impact them. Just Arsenal to overcome. 

If we beat Spurs in the Aussie Cup, I can see us winning the Japanese Cup and then the Vanarama Conference League. 

The prospect of signing a 53 year old Alan Shearer for £15m in this FFP hardtimes isn't filling me with joy

We need to sort out our away form obviously. We also need to become much more street wise and bring back the shit housing. We were far too naive in the cups against Milan, Chelsea and in so many away games, especially when equalising after going behind. We've been unable to see out games too many times this season. Injuries played a key part in this, having no effective subs to bring on. 

Howe is no mug, he'll see this as well and get it sorted next season. 

Posted (edited)

Lot of people on social media  saying they hope man utd win so we don't qualify for the conference league [emoji38] wtf ? I know  its not the CL but I think it would be so important for this club to have back to back seasons in europe....

It's been a very weird season this year some great memories made, the PSG game, the 2 Cup wins against city and man utd, beating the mackems and all the fun that came way that, and some of the wins I'm the PL 5-1 against villa, 8-0 away to Sheffield utd and the comeback against  West ham....

But I am glad to see the back of it....

Think its vital we keep Bruno more than any one else if get to september 1st way isak and Bruno still way us, then we have a massive chance of doing something... Next season think City and arsenal will be top 2, think us, Chelsea, spurs and man utd will be battling for the top 4, think villa will have similar issues to us this season, and think Liverpool will have a post klopp hangover...

I know the season is just a few hours old, but I'm going for top 4... just hope city do the business and we can focus on winning something next year 

Bring it on 

Edited by GavMcEl

This season I think the CL and cup draws were a real problem as they really sapped the squad in the Autumn months.

this will keep happening for future CLs unless we build up our coefficient. Assuming we are in ECL then this is a chance to build it a bit.

Just need to be much better defensively next season, too many easy goals leaked and teams cutting through midfield a lot. Need to be more cohesive going forward as well and upgrading that right side of the the team is key as well as defensive players.

Scoring goals hasnt been the issue but having a midfield that can't control a game other that Bruno has been a big issue, Tonali might help that, also having a fairly shit right winger every game has limited us and the sloppy as fuck passing from Longstaff/Others kills us.

We need a serious upgrade there and someone other than Bruno that can play sharp passes, retains the ball well and can move us forward. 

On the left I think we are well set, Hall starting to look a player, cover from Burn, Target and Liveramento, maybe Kelly as well and further up have Gordon/Barnes and Joelinton/Isak can also cover or Hall as well.