Giorgi Mamardashvili

Jack27

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Who dismisses this first tonight then? Hope or Edwards ?

Edwards, before replying to himself absolutely insisting that it is Ramsdale and Ramsdale only we are looking at and that he's off for some wine or is tired.

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

He's only young, though. If he's number from year 2 onwards he maybe goes for it. 

Yes, this is the way. We're transition planning and I love it. 

hope he can become as good a sweeper keeper as Pope

I guess Pope dislocating the same shoulder twice makes relying on him much more of a risk now unfortunately 

Posted (edited)

Pope is so bad with his feet so that alone makes want to have a new one. We lose possession so easily with Pope in goal.

Really excited for this one!

Edited by ATB

Anyone else worried that we're doing exceptional business too early? 

There's nothing to suggest we couldn't use the remaining time convincing Joe Hart and or Ben Foster to come out of retirement. 

Hasnt played football in a year De Gea is also an option.

Upgrading really good players with potentially better ones is such a massive sign of intent. It was just under 3 years ago that Ashley wouldn't pay a £1million loan fee for Hamza Choudhury, a player Bruce desperately wanted.

Jack don't do this to us. Is this actually happening?

I know fuck all about him except seeing the constant talk about him as a target on here. So naturally I assume he's class and I love him. 

If these three signings do happen, have we ever been so prepared going into the off-season in terms of getting our business done early? Even under the current ownership, we have tended to buy players later on in the window.

2 minutes ago, 54 said:

If these three signings do happen, have we ever been so prepared going into the off-season in terms of getting our business done early? Even under the current ownership, we have tended to buy players later on in the window.

Probably just taken time to get everything in place to be so slick.

Dubravka & Karius almost certainly on their way out so pope will stay and be number 2 for at least next season 

37 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

You don't pay £35m on a keeper

Hopefully you don't pay that much for a keeper when age is not as important at that position (as someone mentioned above) when we are very old at RW and CB and have the injury records to prove it.  Maybe we will have more money than I thought but £28m for lb (Hall) and £35m for a keeper already seems like a lot to spend when RW and CB are bigger needs.  

1 minute ago, rebelrouser said:

Hopefully you don't pay that much for a keeper when age is not as important at that position (as someone mentioned above) when we are very old at RW and CB and have the injury records to prove it.  Maybe we will have more money than I thought but £28m for lb (Hall) and £35m for a keeper already seems like a lot to spend when RW and CB are bigger needs.  

We're signing 2 Centre backs for free.

We can think this and that but we really have no clue what we can or can’t spend. Let’s wait until the window closes. 

32 minutes ago, TBG said:

Anyone else worried that we're doing exceptional business too early? 

There's nothing to suggest we couldn't use the remaining time convincing Joe Hart and or Ben Foster to come out of retirement. 

Hasnt played football in a year De Gea is also an option.

Fast forward to mid June when some knacker rates the window 4/10 because we haven't signed anyone in weeks.

2 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

Average age of a top flight goalkeeper has dropped a fair bit in recent years. The days of keepers playing at the top level into the mid 30s seems to be dropping (obviously outliers like Neuer). I'd guess Pope is likely in the top 25% age wise out of the PL first choice keepers?