Group A: 1. Germany, 2. Switzerland, 3. Hungary, 4. Scotland

Big River

1 minute ago, SteV said:

There was a similar incident at SJP a few seasons back (might have been Glenn Murray for Brighton) when a similar thing happened. Crowd going mental at ‘slowness’ of stretcher, Lascelles giving them the hurry up.

Asked a paramedic lad I know who does match day work at SJP about it. Said as a stretcher-bearer you absolutely told not to run onto the pitch as you’re carrying so much gear, some of it will spill. Got quite irate about players not been told this.

I can 100% understand why they are told that but you've got to read the room(stadium). A broken leg, fine whatever just walk , but anything spine, neck or head related, just get on with a little haste at least.

It's really hard to tell what happened but I think the Hungarian player flings himself forwards and the scottish keeper coming out to punch the ball must have caught him right in the jaw.

I think I also saw a player afterwards talking to another and pointing at the jaw.

Just now, Cf said:

Attacker was more interested in throwing himself in front of the defender to try and buy the penalty rather than trying to play the ball. 

Call that a Longstaff.

Always a higher bar (rightly or wrongly) for fouls inside the box. Probably wouldve got that if it were anywhere else on the pitch. Just a bit soft from Armstrong, he could've got the shot away .

Edited by Mazzy