Group A: 1. Germany, 2. Switzerland, 3. Hungary, 4. Scotland

Big River

1 minute ago, SteV said:

There was a similar incident at SJP a few seasons back (might have been Glenn Murray for Brighton) when a similar thing happened. Crowd going mental at ‘slowness’ of stretcher, Lascelles giving them the hurry up.

Asked a paramedic lad I know who does match day work at SJP about it. Said as a stretcher-bearer you absolutely told not to run onto the pitch as you’re carrying so much gear, some of it will spill. Got quite irate about players not been told this.

I can 100% understand why they are told that but you've got to read the room(stadium). A broken leg, fine whatever just walk , but anything spine, neck or head related, just get on with a little haste at least.

It's really hard to tell what happened but I think the Hungarian player flings himself forwards and the scottish keeper coming out to punch the ball must have caught him right in the jaw.

I think I also saw a player afterwards talking to another and pointing at the jaw.

Attacker was more interested in throwing himself in front of the defender to try and buy the penalty rather than trying to play the ball. 

Just now, Cf said:

Attacker was more interested in throwing himself in front of the defender to try and buy the penalty rather than trying to play the ball. 

Call that a Longstaff.

I’d say that’s probably just about a pen. What the fuck was Armstrong doing with his body, he was totally off balance but he did he get taken out despite being all over the shop

Just now, samptime29 said:

Absolute radge VAR didn't check that pen shout. Wow.

Even if it's a pen it's probably one where the ref wasn't 'wrong enough' to be corrected on. 

Always a higher bar (rightly or wrongly) for fouls inside the box. Probably wouldve got that if it were anywhere else on the pitch. Just a bit soft from Armstrong, he could've got the shot away .

Edited by Mazzy

Defender got his arm in front of him but the Scot made the bundled mess that took them both down. Extremeley little in the incident until then.