Group A: 1. Germany, 2. Switzerland, 3. Hungary, 4. Scotland

Big River

Already not enjoying watching this with non-football fans.

My mother in law just said she doesn't need Wright, Souness, and Keane analysing it because she understands everything that happened because she watched it. :lol:

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

My mother in law just said she doesn't need Wright, Souness, and Keane analysing it because she understands everything that happened because she watched it. :lol:

:lol:

Did you have to say "heh, yeah..."   ?

Scotland went too much do or die tonight (not necessarily gun-ho, more full blooded and emotional). Needed to sacrifice everything for a tight loss and focus on the other games. Think they got swept up in their own hype/buzz.

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Absolute worst nightmare. I’m pretty much the only person in my team at work with even a passing interest in football. The forced patter is going to be excruciating.

8 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

None football fans during tournaments are bad like.

It starts off with them kicking off about Eastenders not being on TV that night, and that football ruins it, it should all be on a sports channel.

Then England get out of the group stages and they suddenly start being a super fan, trying to get you to drop your plans to watch the match with your mates so you can watch it with them with a few ‘nibbles’ etc. Then them simultaneously knowing everything about the game, and not knowing anything and asking questions about the basics.

No Jessica, I don’t want to go and watch it round yours whilst your 5 year old is the background screaming and playing with a football like it’s a basketball, whilst we ultimately get beaten by France, and you sum it up by saying they should have just showed Eastenders instead.

Edited by Stifler

9 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

:lol:

Did you have to say "heh, yeah..."   ?

Luckily a lot of my relationship with her is me mocking her relentlessly, so I didn't let the opportunity pass to do exactly that. 

9 minutes ago, Disco said:

Absolute worst nightmare. I’m pretty much the only person in my team at work with even a passing interest in football. The forced patter is going to be excruciating.

:lol: I have that with a lad at work but where football is the only thing we have in common.

19 minutes ago, Stifler said:

None football fans during tournaments are bad like.

It starts off with them kicking off about Eastenders not being on TV that night, and that football ruins it, it should all be on a sports channel.

Then England get out of the group stages and they suddenly start being a super fan, trying to get you to drop your plans to watch the match with your mates so you can watch it with them with a few ‘nibbles’ etc. Then them simultaneously knowing everything about the game, and not knowing anything and asking questions about the basics.

No Jessica, I don’t want to go and watch it round yours whilst your 5 year old is the background screaming and playing with a football like it’s a basketball, whilst we ultimately get beaten by France, and you sum it up by saying they should have just showed Eastenders instead.

That's my lass. :lol: She took the hump over it during the last Euros despite her hating football.

Only thing you've missed is the sentences starting with "I just think for the amount they get paid...[statement that shows they havn't grasped that they're playing against people also getting paid that amount]"

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

That's my lass. :lol: She took the hump over it during the last Euros despite her hating football.

Only thing you've missed is the sentences starting with "I just think for the amount they get paid...[statement that shows they havn't grasped that they're playing against people also getting paid that amount]"

Haha, and the ultimate ‘Rugby players don’t roll around like that’.

Scotland nailed on to get a spirited draw next before a comfortable 2-0 loss in the last game after building themselves up for it.

5 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

My housemate came in and started talking about the Heineken Cup when I was watching the World Cup once :lol:

I hope you drank directly out of his carton of milk.

29 minutes ago, Ben said:

What the hell were Scotland trying to do tonight ?

Absolutely shat it tbh. Not been performing well for a few months though. Shite performance