Group C: 1. England, 2. Denmark, 3. Slovenia (Q), 4. Serbia

Big River

Just now, Aiston said:

The only positive is we are basically through to the knockouts.

:lol: find comments like this absolutely crackers.

6 minutes ago, TheHoob said:

Fucking Sweet Caroline man give me strength. 

Have no idea how the fuck that became a football song.

1 minute ago, andycap said:

I'd rate Guehi higher than stones 

Guehi was probably man of the match.

Such a cool effortless defensive performance. Excellent use of the ball too.

I just don't understand why you would invite pressure like that after the dominating start, Serbia are less likely to score when they are in their own box. Yeah, Serbia didn't create much but all it takes is one cross or an accidental foul in the box. Southgate really is a dinosaur.

4 minutes ago, Collage said:

I agree but you lose so much of his game when he’s on the left. 

Not the point though, is it? I’d rather have Walker on the right, and Trippier is the only player who can do a proper job at LB right now.

We all saw the problems. Defence was fine, Rice was great. TAA and Foden just don’t seem able to play in those positions at this level. It’s been decades of this and we’re still trying to shoehorn all our “better” players onto the pitch at once. It’s so glaring. Rice, Bellingham and Gallagher/Mainoo/Wharton in midfield. Gordon and Saka on the wings. Keep it simple.

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

:lol: find comments like this absolutely crackers.

Fair, bit of hyperbole :lol:

Bellingham was pure class as usual and Guehi was very good.

Edited by Aiston

9 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

He is.  :lol:

I was born in Bristol believe it or not, family is English. I've just been here for 25 years.

Don't get me wrong, I was way more pissed off on Friday :lol:

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Guehi was probably man of the match.

Such a cool effortless defensive performance. Excellent use of the ball too.

I thought in the context of his experience he was really good. Just thought he had a couple of sloppy moments on the ball 2nd half that Stones didn't. Nowhere near MOTM. Thought Trippier was the pick of the bunch in the back 4 and Bellingham probably MOTM.

Edited by Kid Icarus

Flash actually plays as a proper winger In defence and attack so he should be a starter to help out an out of position Trippier. 

Especially in this pragmatic Southgate setup. 

Edited by andycap

1 minute ago, Holloway said:

They're not excellent like, they are ok at this level. France are excellent 

France are elite, but that doesn't mean Serbia aren't an excellent side.

England have never been as good as what the fans or media pump them up to be. They always have it too easy in qualification groups so rarely get tested until after the group stages in competitions and then suddenly it's "what's happened to them.. look shit"

That's why a tough slog like tonight will do them no harm.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

I thought in the context of his experience he was really good. Just thought he had a couple of sloppy moments on the ball 2nd half that Stones didn't. Thought Trippier was the pick of the bunch in the back 4.

Fair enough.

Thought I noticed Guehi a bit more back there.

Trippier was good defensively too, but really didn't add anything going forward, which was very disappointing.

Just now, Pata said:

I just don't understand why you would invite pressure like that after the dominating start, Serbia are less likely to score when they are in their own box. Yeah, Serbia didn't create much but all it takes is one cross or an accidental foul in the box. Southgate really is a dinosaur.

Most of that was Serbia changing things up, but Southgate didn’t react at all…again. Every once in a while TAA will hit a cracking pass or make a driving run, but at this level and in this team he’s a luxury. Gallagher was exactly what was needed there, just we also needed to bring Gordon on.

Just now, Dr Jinx said:

France are elite, but that doesn't mean Serbia aren't an excellent side.

England have never been as good as what the fans or media pump them up to be. They always have it too easy in qualification groups so rarely get tested until after the group stages in competitions and then suddenly it's "what's happened to them.. look shit"

That's why a tough slog like tonight will do them no harm.

I know what happens to England in tournaments, calling Serbia an excellent side us pushing it a bit, but opinions 👍

Just now, KaKa said:

Fair enough.

Thought I noticed Guehi a bit more back there.

Trippier was good defensively too, but really didn't add anything going forward, which was very disappointing.

He didn't but I think a lot of that was due to Foden being poor at LW. I'm obviously biased but I think Gordon would have been better for Trippier