Group E: Next - Slovakia v Romania, Ukraine v Belgium (26/06)

Big River

I don't mind the UEFA lady, much better then Mike Dean during Premier League coverage. She's not being opinionated, just explaining the rules as they are.

Haha, great entertainment. Look forward to see the xG on this one. Sometimes it just feels like results are fated to happen (aka "Football? Bloody Hell!")

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Pitiful stuff from Belgium. Particularly the manager.

So many interesting options on the bench and took too long to introduce them.

They suffer from a lack of leadership. Had no effort there for stretches of the match. Got completely outworked by Slovakia. Agreed the manager should have gone to the bench by halftime. Also…doku playing way too wide. Needed him more narrow and direct as a LF to support lukaku. Not playing on the touch line like a traditional winger. 

2 minutes ago, Disco said:

What a blast from the past that is. A name I’ve not seen for 20 years.

Used to sign him for us on PES :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Belgium TV commentators, Wesley Sonck et al, all in agreement that had the hand ball decision been reversed they would have expected it to be ruled out btw.

And we all know Wesley Sonck is never wronck

Just now, Aiston said:

Ecstatic for Slovakia, great result for them.

Also, didn't realise Euro 2024 was getting snicko from cricket :lol:

Might be the most useless addition I've seen so far HOWEVER, I'm all for it, just makes it a little bit more interesting. Same with the RPM stats on the goals, useless but kind of fun.

Maybe by the letter of the law, don't think that's being argued so much as that the letter of the law is shit.

So Belgian TV and VAR criticts are both right.

By the same token a hell of a lot of historic goals get ruled out now that nobody has really questioned since

Edited by Wolfcastle

9 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

'Unnatural position' is bollocks when you're running and battling against someone like that. 

Guy in charge of Norwegian ref's said something in response to one of the TV pundits ranting about what you're saying that most people forget when lost in their blind hatred against the concept of VAR, I'll paraphrase a bit since I'm translating:

"Referees implement and react to the rules they are instructed to follow. The position of the arm is in direct violation of (not sure how to translate the rule, but the number was #12 at least :lol:) of the rules of the game as they are today. Neither the EC referees or VAR is where your complaint should be directed, you can direct it to IFAB, here is the address:

The International Football Association Board

Münstergasse 9

8001 Zürich

Switzerland"

Looked more like a handball from the later angle and probably helped him control it tbf. Not a ridiculous decision but I would've let the goal stand.

11 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Whoever said that sounds like a complete helmet :lol:

I mean, the guy might have been responsible for this incident:

3543250-72212168-2560-1440.png

:lol: