Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Strawberry

1 minute ago, TK-421 said:

So for any FFP/PSR experts... would that still benefit us, even though the fees are (allegedly) close, that we get £40m for Minteh, but then the way it all works the outlay on DCL is spread so not simply a 'like for like' transfer/fee, in reality?

Out of £40m for Minteh (if we got anywhere near that), what are we potentially left with, taking account of his original fee, time left / ammortisation on current deal, etc?

Aye. Say for arguments sake they both went for £40 million (excluding wages). 

We pay £8 million this season for DCL, over a five year deal. Then the entire £40 million for Minteh goes on the books now. Meaning a £32 million profit. Granted, I've read any players bought now, can be put on next year's books. I'm not sure how accurate that is though.

10 minutes ago, Lish007 said:

Best scenario is we buy DCL for 37m and sell them Minteh for 30m.

He has one season in the PL. We have a buy back clause of 35m and buy him back the next season. 

Everyone is a winner. 

Why would Everton agree to this? I'd be pissed off if we done deals like that. They could double his value in the first season and them have to sell him back to us for almost half. Imagine if we'd done a deal like that for Bruno or Isak

14 minutes ago, Lish007 said:

Best scenario is we buy DCL for 37m and sell them Minteh for 30m.

He has one season in the PL. We have a buy back clause of 35m and buy him back the next season. 

Everyone is a winner. 

I’d give up if we paid that for him 

Just now, Bishops Finger said:

Why would Everton agree to this? I'd be pissed off if we done deals like that. They could double his value in the first season and them have to sell him back to us for almost half. Imagine if we'd done a deal like that for Bruno or Isak

FFP.

12 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’d give up if we paid that for him 

Aye it seemed mental to me as well but it seems a case of fiddling the books if minteh is going the other way for a similar amount

1 hour ago, Dokko said:

Can't wait to drop significant money on DCL who'll spend half the season injured and then be gaslighted by the club claiming hindsight & bad luck. 😂 

I like DCL as a player. Happy to take him next season on a free, and think we'd get more out of him than wilson, but if we're proper skint, this is a move which will hold us back in the same way Tonali & Barnes has, but at least you can state luck and hindsight there. 

Last summers transfer activity doesn't make much sense. I guess we thought FFP and no teeth.

25 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

So for any FFP/PSR experts... would that still benefit us, even though the fees are (allegedly) close, that we get £40m for Minteh, but then the way it all works the outlay on DCL is spread so not simply a 'like for like' transfer/fee, in reality?

Out of £40m for Minteh (if we got anywhere near that), what are we potentially left with, taking account of his original fee, time left / ammortisation on current deal, etc?

Don't know how long his contract is but let's say of the £8m fee, he's amortised 1.5m, we'd have 6.5m as his remaining book value. So taking home over £30m.

If we insert a buyback, I assume Everton would want at least 20% profit. So say he signs for £40m, the buyback would be close to £50m surely.

22 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Calvert Lewin is an absolutely honking signing. No two ways about it. 

On 24/01/2023 at 12:23, Doctor Zaius said:

Gordon is rubbish and not what we need at all. Take one look at an Everton forum and itll tell you all you need to know. 

Keep finding that hill to die on brother…

But Gordon was very young, we knew he had pace to burn and that he was a pressing machine. And no major injury worries. Huge potential that is being realised.

DCL does not have the same attributes. He’s been living off a purple patch from 4 years ago and his next injury will probably keep him out for a few months. I don’t get it, I’d honestly rather have Chris Wood back.. at least he’s reliable in terms of his body not breaking down.

Its a luxury signing when you know the rest of your squad is 100% - but it’s not though is it.

Edited by Dr Jinx