Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Strawberry

Wood is the only questionable signing IMO, and even that was fully understandable based on the circumstances at the time. And we got our money back. 

I would say our transfer activity has been very good to excellent so far. Just sit back and enjoy. 

18 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Lunchtime procrastinating:

Trippier: 10

Wood: 6

Burn: 8

Bruno: 9

Targett loan: 7

Pope: 8

Botman: 7

Isak: 10

Targett: 3

Gordon: 9

Tonali: -

Barnes: 7

Livramento: 8

Hall: -

Only the Targett signing has been a dud. I get the argument re Wood but he was the only one to qualify as a panic buy so should be measured differently imo. 

Jury well and truly out on Tonali and Hall. 

Our AC Milan poster was absolutely gutted when he lost Tonali and Hall looked very special towards the end of the season

9 minutes ago, Ben said:

Our AC Milan poster was absolutely gutted when he lost Tonali and Hall looked very special towards the end of the season

Both will be absolutely brilliant for us soon. Hall could easily be England's LB in not too long, and Tonali will transform us compared to Longstaff.

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

24 minutes ago, BergenMagpie said:

Bruno must be 10 surely. Id rather give Isak a 9 due to availability

Edit: New page wanker

Happy to bump Bruno to 10 but no way Isak is downgraded. We signed one of the best strikers in the world; I literally don't think we could do any better.

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

As it stands, we would fall foul of FFP. Does that not literally mean we have overspent? Serious question.

As I understand - this sale isn't to generate FFP room to sign new players. It's to be FFP-compliant. We are signing DCL because we are in bed with Everton to help each other out. You give us a player we like, you give us a player you like.

So what are we saying as I’m a little lost - are we saying we shouldn’t have bought so many players over the last three years because if we hadn’t then we would have to sell some of those players we bought in the last three years?

28 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Wood is the only questionable signing IMO, and even that was fully understandable based on the circumstances at the time. And we got our money back. 

I would say our transfer activity has been very good to excellent so far. Just sit back and enjoy. 

This 100%

You could maybe argue did we need to make the Targett transfer permanent but if it hadn’t been for a series of 3 very unfortunate injuries I doubt even that would’ve been questioned that much as he would’ve got plenty of game time.

£25m to replace Wilson with an equally injury prone but far less effective striker is nuts, especially with ffp means every penny counts. I hope that number's just hearsay, such an underwhelming signing all around, would rather have kept Woods who was basura for us. 

No issues at the sub £10m mark. 

Edited by Roids

14 hours ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Howe would work wonders with him

This cope/delusion where some rationalise signings because 'Howe will fix it' always throws me off.

Talent ultimately matters at the end of the day & you either like/rate DCL or not (I don't) .

A hug & verbal affirmations from Howe won't turn convert from an often injured goal shy striker to a stud, he's 27!

Might as well get Martial in since Howe supposedly has a midas touch.

Edited by Roids

Like I said the other day, DCL wouldn't be the most inspiring signing, but the Wilson comparison is interesting. Wilson's premier league record prior to signing for us was relatively similar to DCL's (especially if you discount the latter's first season or two as a kid). He was hardly mega prolific either in a Bournemouth team that were more adventurous than Everton have been the last few seasons. 

Injury wise, DCL's have mainly been impact, whereas Wilson's issues are muscular and an almost dead-cert to reoccur. 

He doesn't suit our high intensity style too well, but we seemed to ditch that last season anyway, whether by choice or by requirement. I'm not fully sold but I'm also not entirely against signing him. 

20 minutes ago, Roids said:

This cope/delusion where some rationalise signings because 'Howe will fix it' always throws me off.

Talent ultimately matters at the end of the day & you either like/rate DCL or not (I don't) .

A hug & verbal affirmations from Howe won't turn convert from an often injured goal shy striker to a stud, he's 27!

Might as well get Martial in since Howe supposedly has a midas touch.

Howe doesn't need to fix anything.

DCL needs out of Everton and in a better team.

If and when he signs, we'll see who's right about what kind of player he is.

40 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Happy to bump Bruno to 10 but no way Isak is downgraded. We signed one of the best strikers in the world; I literally don't think we could do any better.

I'd say that Isak is a better player. But Bruno has been more important to our success, and for a lesser price even. Our winrate drops significantly without him, even more than when Isak has been missing.

5 minutes ago, AJ9 said:

Walking away at the price of £37m is the right thing to do. Mental figures for him.

That’s why the Minteh deal is off I think -  both deals would have massively helped both clubs in this stupid PSR shite! 

Edited by Paully