Paul Mitchell (Sporting Director)

21 hours ago, LFEE said:

Remember EH saying that to Gordon. Don’t recall DA speaking about either player. 

Not by me it isn’t. Would imagine they’d both been scouted by us.

On the gordon first day video you actually hear ashworth say that to him. 

22 hours ago, gdm said:

Doesnt he say when meeting Gordon I’ve been tracking you for a long time or similar and think said something along those lines to Livramento too. So who knows

Howe said that didn't he?

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, andycap said:

I thought Ashworth said 'I haven't seen you for a long time'.

I could be wrong mind, and it's relatively moot anyway i guess.

Edited by lovejoy

1 minute ago, lovejoy said:

I thought Ashworth said 'I haven't seen you for a long time'.

I could be wrong mind, and it's relatively moot anyway i guess.

Might be right just something in back of my head that people on here were giving Ashworth a lot of credit for the signing. Maybe it was something said in the documentary or just that people were blindly giving Ashworth credit 

2 hours ago, andycap said:

Did he say he or we? Pretty sure as a collective (The 3 on hand owners and EH+Team) wanted him and feel Ashworth just shared the credit. Bit like his statement regarding ETH after only being there a day or two 🙂

Was never keen on Ashworth so maybe it’s clouding my judgement but don’t think he’s shy of taking credit for stuff he had little to do. Probably got him where it has…

I think Ashworth comes across as an FA type man the kind who would think Southgate would be a good appointment, don’t think he seems that savvy in nitty gritty of negotiating transfers either, hopefully our structures are now in place regarding departments which he does seem good at and why the senile old Salford rat wanted him so badly.

Howe categorically spoke about following Gordon for a long time. I think I remember Ashworth making a remark, but my recollection is it seemed to refer more to how long the deal took to conclude.

I don't remember anyone giving Ashworth giving credit for signing Gordon at the time. In fact, it would've been blame, given how it was seen at the time...

Meanwhile, the documentary seemed to put Staveley front and centre in terms of negotiating the deal.

Bit late to give my opinion, but Mitchell looks like a very solid hire, by the way. I haven't got a strong view on it, but he's genuinely experienced, internationally travelled and has a record of significant success. You can't really argue with the board's choice, so pretty much whatever happens in the future, well done to them for making a strong move to push the club forward :thup:

6 minutes ago, 80 said:

don't remember anyone giving Ashworth giving credit for signing Gordon at the time.

There were, maybe not at the time but the following months. People gave Ashworth a lot of credit for the signings and then largely the blame for not knowing about Tonali’s gambling problem. It’s all there to see but I’m not gonna dig anyone out

1 hour ago, 80 said:

Howe categorically spoke about following Gordon for a long time. I think I remember Ashworth making a remark, but my recollection is it seemed to refer more to how long the deal took to conclude.

I don't remember anyone giving Ashworth giving credit for signing Gordon at the time. In fact, it would've been blame, given how it was seen at the time...

Meanwhile, the documentary seemed to put Staveley front and centre in terms of negotiating the deal.

And after Gordon signed they said theres like a transfer committee and Gordon was the first to have unanimous agreement

15 hours ago, 80 said:

Pretty much as I recall then. Ashworth said something but it was equivocal in terms of what he meant, but it was actually Gordon that talked in terms of years with Howe.

Yep. Replayed it a few times and still can’t actually work out what DA says. Subtitles say something like you’ve been sitting there a long time. Presumably due to waiting for his medical.

12 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Unimpressed so far. Mitchell oot.

He hasn’t even done an interview for the club’s YouTube. Are we sure we’ve even appointed him? Are we sure he even exists?

32 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

He hasn’t even done an interview for the club’s YouTube. Are we sure we’ve even appointed him? Are we sure he even exists?

"How important were the fans in your decision to join Newcastle". 

18 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

"How important were the fans in your decision to join Newcastle". 

"Are you pleased to be at Newcastle?"