Semi Finals: France 1-2 Spain, England 2-1 Netherlands

Disco

8 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I actually don’t think we need to fear them though. They are not the same Spanish team who ripped football apart for 3 tournaments.

First half Foden with Watkins up front and I think we lift the trophy. 

Just now, pubteam said:

Kane is an absolute fraud. That win has nothing to do with you mate 

Actually trips his teammates up hogging the space he shouldn’t be in.

1 minute ago, pubteam said:

Kane is an absolute fraud. That win has nothing to do with you mate 

Playacting got the pen tbf.

2 minutes ago, 54 said:

I hate to break this to people, but you don't get to a final just on luck :lol:

Yeah, you've arguably got the most talented squad of players.

It's amazing how difficult you've made this look.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

It's coming back around Yorkie my boy 

Tbh if that was at the start of the tournament I'd say it was vintage Southgate; wound everyone up but ultimately totally vindicated in his decisions. I appreciate that's been a harder sell this time given how shit we've been, but there was nowt wrong with tonight. 

Just now, Mike said:

My foot was hanging off. You inveterate lying yuckmouth double tongued gobshite diving fuck.

He's loathesome. 

Chucking himself all owa the place.

Fair play, I enjoyed that tonight. That first half was good football. I think there’s a decent chance we’ll play well in the final. The problem is that Spain will play better than us with the ball, just depends how they play without it and how we play with it

Just now, Yorkie said:

Tbh if that was at the start of the tournament I'd say it was vintage Southgate; wound everyone up but ultimately totally vindicated in his decisions. I appreciate that's been a harder sell this time given how shit we've been, but there was nowt wrong with tonight. 

Yep, decent tonight, apart from the lack of Gordon.

I've been wanting Southgate to pick Watkins. That sort of goal is his trademark. He creates just a bit of space for himself in the area and then hits the corners. 

I don't think there's any chance of his starting ahead of Kane in the final, but hopefully he'll come on a bit earlier.

7 minutes ago, 54 said:

For Southgates sake, I really hope no matter the result on Sunday, he resigns afterwards (Hopefully on top), as the amount of stick he gets can't be good for anyone, especially someone who by all accounts is a very decent person.

This reminds me of the Bruce narrative when he left. The "stick" has been blown out of proportion massively this tournament in particular. If you play shit then people are going to call it shit. You make a good tactical change like he finally did tonight, you're going to get praised. Simple really. If they can't handle a little criticism then they should walk away.

2 minutes ago, bigfella said:

I wasn't born for another four days and I'm a right old fucker.

I'm even more of an auld fucker. I was 42 days old :)

You probably deserved to win that but you still had an extremely soft penalty and an injury time winner. First half was good but second was a tough watch, Southgate once again absolutely no ability to react to the game.

I’m not going to give him any credit for the subs, taking off Kane for fresh legs and bringing Palmer on are complete no-brainers.

5 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

I just can't tolerate Kane stinking the joint up in the final. The only time we won a tournament is when Jimmy Greaves was dropped for Geoff Hurst.

Them where the days he was injured for the first game. And alf decided to stay with the same team. Couldn't see that happening now mind. 

6 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

I just can't tolerate Kane stinking the joint up in the final. The only time we won a tournament is when Jimmy Greaves was dropped for Geoff Hurst.

Very good point.

Just annoys me that we haven't seen more of Gordon Watkins Palmer and Saka. Having the pace in behind makes all the difference. Watkins really should start vs Spain but of course he wont.