Final: England 1-2 Spain

Disco

A victory for attacking football, tonight. :thup: England too over-cautious (as usual) and were made to pay by the Spanish who were worthy winners.

England need a proactive coach now.

Just now, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

There's not an international team at the moment as good as any of them. Bit of a lull ATM I reckon. 

Agreed, it was our time and we lost to a team that's nowhere near the bestvit can be. I'm canny annoyed

Just now, samptime29 said:

War crime Gordon only got 3 mins in whole tournament 

How the only natural left sided players gets no game time is an utter disgrace.

They weren't brill, but not sure how many of our players would make it into their side, given performances. Maybe Stones. Saka if you could find a place for him. That's it.

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

That's the first one where I'm massively pissed off instead of proud basically. Spain were not that good at all. They'd have lost to worse but more savvy teams than us

They where good all tournament if you think they aren't, fuck knows how you think England have been playing. 

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

This is what made it difficult. He was and is shit, then he does that. 

Had a heck of a tournament overall to be fair.

Think in a team that uses the ball well and has control, he's much more well suited.

Was really good today, surprisingly so.

We didn't deserve it. Fluked our away to the final and Spain were worthy winners and beaten some quality opponents. 

England were dogshit all tournament. Bailed out by a few decent players in total contradiction to the 'coaching' they had.

Southgate is a fucking fraud. No business in football management. He's a fucking shoe-shiner for FA cunts.

6 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Hear me out, I don't think Spain are anywhere near good enough to have won the tournament, so I think that a team that weren't as good should have won.

Italy was hard but I never believed, this was hard because it felt inevitable that we would win. I don't think Spain deserved it and I don't mean that as sour Grapes, although I'm bitter, I just don't think they were that good. Imagine them (or us tbf) against Spain 2012, France 2000, arguably even Germany 1996.

I've stuck up for Southgate to the enth degree, take it with a pile of salt, but we lost that imo. I was convinced we'd win that and it does sting.

This Spain team would definitely have lost to the teams you listed, but those three teams would have won this tournament without a single glove being laid on them.

Over the course of this tournament though, Spain have definitely deserved to win for me. They've played the best football, won every match without needing penalties, and swept aside all the other favourites on their way. They are a poor team relative to some other winners, but still the best "team" in this competition. 

It is hard to understand what happened with Kane in this tournament. Does he simply refuse to stop coming deep and play in his proper position? Maybe he is incapable of playing as a true #9 at this point of his career. It cannot have been a tactical decision to have no presence upfront and one of best finishers in world consistently nowhere near goal scoring positions.

Understand it's raw for people but think Southgate is getting too much flack there. Made the perfect subs to get us back into the game, but then definitely sat back which has been our issue all tournament. Definitely time for a fresh start

1 minute ago, pubteam said:

How the only natural left sided players gets no game time is an utter disgrace.

Southgate is so conservative he doesn't believe in the left wing.

Just now, andycap said:

They where good all tournament if you think they aren't, fuck knows how you think England have been playing. 

Few of our players got a lesson today. Mainoo in particular has been great but looked off it compared to his previous standard today.

I thought Guehi did well, didn’t look out of place and should get a good move.

1 minute ago, mikejaxer said:

I don't see that happening.

Course they do. He doesn't kick up a fuss and is infinitely grateful for an opportunity he always had no place in getting.

2 minutes ago, Beren said:

What did Gordon say?

Gave an honest interview about the performance, said when we go for it we play better. Didn’t tow the party line.

Just now, LiquidAK said:

Understand it's raw for people but think Southgate is getting too much flack there. Made the perfect subs to get us back into the game, but then definitely sat back which has been our issue all tournament. Definitely time for a fresh start

:dowie: