Will Osula

YouTube scouting suggests he has all the tools. Given time, Eddie will either get him to Solanke levels or  he impresses but not enough to make it and we sell him for 20m. Solid signing.

Sheffield United have a fairly underrated youth academy as well tbf; Walker, Ramsdale, Maguire, DCL are some big names that started their football journeys there. If their fans rate him then it’s a good sign.

2 hours ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

More expensive than Carl Cort. 

Still wonder what could've been :laugh:

If Howes people and Mitchell think this lad has potential, I'd wager they arent a million miles away.

It's also a great opportunity to develop a player, and even if he's not a star, we could most probably make a profit on the 15m we are likely to pay.

This is the whole point of Mitchell.

You trust he sees the qualities in this lad to develop into a quality player.

Seems right up Eddie's street too, in terms of his physical profile.

Not sure what this means for Wilson, hope we still move him on if there's a chance to get any sort of decent money.

Just now, Shak said:

This is the whole point of Mitchell.

You trust he sees the qualities in this lad to develop into a quality player.

Seems right up Eddie's street too, in terms of his physical profile.

Not sure what this means for Wilson, hope we still move him on if there's a chance to get any sort of decent money.

Signing Osula is as good as a guarantee that Wilson is staying. 

As long as Wilson is staying, I'm confused as to what kind of player people who aren't happy about this rumou are expecting? Isak is and will be our number 1 striker. We play in a system that only uses one striker. We have Wilson right behind him who will get game time whenever he is fit, and he already fills the experienced back-up role. Is Mitchell and the team supposed to unearth an unknown yet world class striker in his prime years whos been banging in goals for fun for years that nobody else knows about, that will be ecstatic if he gets to play 15% worth of minutes of a season of domestic only football?

Edited by Conjo

4 hours ago, The Butcher said:

I relly like that we prefer to sign fairly big fuckers.

Apart from Trippier I don't think we've signed any midgets?

Hall is a stout lad

6 minutes ago, Conjo said:

As long as Wilson is staying, I'm confused as to what kind of player people who aren't happy about this rumou are expecting? Isak is and will be our number 1 striker. We play in a system that only uses one striker. We have Wilson right behind him who will get game time whenever he is fit, and he already fills the experienced back-up role. Is Mitchell and the team supposed to unearth an unknown yet world class striker in his prime years whos been banging in goals for fun for years that nobody else knows about, that will be ecstatic if he gets to play 15% worth of minutes of a season of domestic only football?

Yeah people are nuts who expect us to sign a DCL or other established striker and keep Wilson 

Yep this is basically the obvious profile and price point if you're stuck with Wilson for another year, which appears to be the case. We can't afford to be left with just Isak again and really could have done with a player of this type last year - our academy just hasn't provided it.

Seems a big lad that can move at pace. That's a lot to work with even if he's raw. Can can come into games and be useful from the bench with those attributes.

Edited by ponsaelius

4 minutes ago, janpawel said:

Yeah people are nuts who expect us to sign a DCL or other established striker and keep Wilson 

Id rather keep Wilson than sign DCL. He'll score more even if DCL is over his injury issues which I doubt. If Isak is fit he starts. So whoever we sign will have to be happy to play a small role with us only being in the one main competition.