Will Osula

15 minutes ago, toontownman said:

people (myself included) are okay with him being moved on while we can get a decent fee.

That ship sailed a year ago.

17 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

You make good points as usual, I think the biggest issue is he isn’t effective cover because of his poor fitness record, if Isak is injured we have a good chance Wilson is also injured leaving us up shit creek. 

Hid age, injury history and contract length certainly puts us in a tricky position mind, sensible thing is probably trying to extend him for another year and sell him :lol:

Yeah, I have no idea what he thinks of his career now but he must realise he's firmly behind Kane, Watkins and Toney in England squad and there's no major tournament coming up next summer. It's also a fact that NUFC is the biggest club he will play for in Premier League in the remaining years of his career. Maybe he loses some of that competitiveness with age and is fine with being a backup here in a settled environment which would put less stress on his fragile body that would maybe extend his career. If he was up for it I would probably offer him a one year extension and have the same dilemma next summer. :lol: We would carry the risk of his knee exploding one last time though but I think I would be fine with that.

Edited by Pata

Just now, Pata said:

Yeah, I have no idea what he thinks of his career now but he must realise he's firmly behind Kane, Watkins and Toney in England squad and there's no major tournament coming up next summer. It's also a fact that NUFC is the biggest club he will play for in Premier League in the remaining years of his career. Maybe he loses some of that competitiveness with age and is fine with being a backup here in a settled environment which would put less stress on his fragile body that would maybe extend his career. If he was up for it I would probably offer him a one year extension and have the same dilemma next summer. :lol: We would carry the risk of his knee exploding one last time though but I think would be fine with that.

He’s done with England. He’ll know that, he’s not daft. In an ideal world he’d be happy being a sub/cup starter for us but he doesn’t seem that type. 

Had this conversation so many times it boils by brain but basically always comes down to he’s class if fit but he’s rarely so. So we can’t sell him for anything worthwhile and likely suitors would put off given the outlay potentially going awry. Be amazed if he’s not eyeing one last payday if he lets his contract run down. He’s holding a decent hand in this one over the club.

17 minutes ago, Pata said:

Yeah, I have no idea what he thinks of his career now but he must realise he's firmly behind Kane, Watkins and Toney in England squad and there's no major tournament coming up next summer. It's also a fact that NUFC is the biggest club he will play for in Premier League in the remaining years of his career. Maybe he loses some of that competitiveness with age and is fine with being a backup here in a settled environment which would put less stress on his fragile body that would maybe extend his career. If he was up for it I would probably offer him a one year extension and have the same dilemma next summer. :lol: We would carry the risk of his knee exploding one last time though but I think I would be fine with that.

Yeah I want us to let him go personally but that poses its own problems. You have to replace him but with who? Who wants to be a back up striker? It’s one of those situations where I’m glad I’m not making the decision :lol:

Good thread here:

Most fans that replied don't expect he is ready for first team minutes in the prem but pretty unanimous he has huge potential if he gets good coaching in his weaker areas.

8 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Good thread here:

Most fans that replied don't expect he is ready for first team minutes in the prem but pretty unanimous he has huge potential if he gets good coaching in his weaker areas.

My first thoughts were,"Oooo Danish friend!"

Really like the way he carries the ball in an aggressive, decisive and confident way. You can’t really coach that. Strikes a ball very well too. Coach him up and develop him — looks a rapid unit too. 

12 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

So is this the 3rd striker option we’ve been hoping for? 

Potentially. Question marks on how ready he is. Think it's 50/50 whether he goes into the squad or gets loaned out imo.

Just reading about the "high ceiling" comments is enough for me. Hope he fulfills it. 

Given the circumstances (Wilson injured and no obvious suitors for him and a PSR limited budget) this looks like an excellent transfer in theory. Fingers crossed Howe can work his magic, which I feel confident he will, and we have picked up a gem for the next few years for what is peanuts for a striker these days.

James - Sit Down surely?

Osula, Osula, Osula

Score a goal for me

Osula, sula, sula, sula, laaaa

Who needs Minteh.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

12 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

James - Sit Down surely?

Osula, Osula, Osula

Score a goal for me

Osula, sula, sula, sula, laaaa

Who needs Minteh.

Osula, you never used your thorns
Sheffield United abandoned you
Your angel face made hearts so warm
You helped Chris Wilder but who helped you?
Then rushing through the Yorkshire night
They hounded you, you lost control
We prayed that you would be alright
The news came through – Your body cold…

Edited by Fak

I’m willing to trust the NUFC transfer committee in their judgement on any signing 

They know far more than I do about who they’re signing and why

If they want this kid, I’m very happy to have him here 

I’m just a nerd on a fan forum, not a professional football expert who’s part of a team of experts employed by NUFC to identify and sign players 

Edited by bobbydazzla

49 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Potentially. Question marks on how ready he is. Think it's 50/50 whether he goes into the squad or gets loaned out imo.

No chance he’s going on loan like.

Could be our own João Pedro (fast, strong, can play on the wings. who is 2 years older) before he got his big money move.

Edited by LRD

Joins, most ready of an impressive list of young additions this calendar year which includes: 

Alfie Harrison 18, attacking midfielder;

Miodrag Pivas 19, central defender/central midfielder;

Rory Finneran 16, Defensive/Central midfielder;

William Olusa, 20 Striker. 

Regardless of the war chest for clear first team starters, we’re evidently not so strapped for cash that we can’t invest in the future. 

5 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Joins, most ready of an impressive list of young additions this calendar year which includes: 

Alfie Harrison 18, attacking midfielder;

Miodrag Pivas 19, central defender/central midfielder;

Rory Finneran 16, Defensive/Central midfielder;

William Olusa, 20 Striker. 

Regardless of the war chest for clear first team starters, we’re evidently not so strapped for cash that we can’t invest in the future. 

So nice having some exciting players that could come in to the squad and make a difference. Add Sanusi, Hernes and the many Miley's to this list and we might actually start to see some benefits in the long term.

Looks to have good size, pace and skill.

Exactly the type of player we missed last season when Isak or Wilson were injured and the other had to play the full game. Leading to more injuries and fatigue.

Our scouting ans recruitment has been excellent the last few years, so I’m sure we see potential that our coaching team can unlock.

Absolutely no idea about this kid, or his potential, however its always a good sign when the fans of the club are gutted.  And majority seem a little miffed at him leaving but need the cash.

A worthy investment.