Will Osula

I don’t agree he needs a loan, he needs time training with these players and getting up to speed with the system. He needs the Hall treatment. With Wilson’s injury record it’s highly likely Osula will get some serious minutes especially as we get deeper into the season as he develops. Wasn’t alot to go off but I can see why he was signed.

Edited by Nine

10 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

I never thought for a second he would start ahead of Anthony Gordon at ST.

AGs played there for us and England U21 decently in my view. It allows Barnes to play in his favoured position too.  

Injury situation isn't bad yet but we'll have to remember that either Gordon or Barnes can get injured too which would mean we couldn't really use Gordon as a third-choice striker anymore. I don't think anyone expects meaningful contributions from Osula to our 24/25 season but he's an option we now have who hopefully can develop to be more in the future. Having someone like him available during the darkest moments of last season would've been important.

Thought his performance was a positive yesterday, not much to do with but he seems to have the tools to potentially be a good PL player in the future.

Edited by Pata

11 minutes ago, Pata said:

Injury situation isn't bad yet but we'll have to remember that either Gordon or Barnes can get injured too which would mean we couldn't really use Gordon as a third-choice striker anymore. I don't think anyone expects meaningful contributions from Osula to our 24/25 season but he's an option we now have who hopefully can develop to be more in the future. Having someone like him available during the darkest moments of last season would've been important.

Thought his performance was a positive yesterday, not much to do with but he seems to have the tools to potentially be a good PL player in the future.

He needs to play to develop. He’s 21, not a 18 or 19 yo.  

Lads similar to his age have played a full season of Champ football and getting Regular minutes for Forest. This season will be great for Eliot Anderson’s development because he’s going to play.  

7 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

He needs to play to develop. He’s 21, not a 18 or 19 yo.  

Lads similar to his age have played a full season of Champ football and getting Regular minutes for Forest. This season will be great for Eliot Anderson’s development because he’s going to play.  

He will get his game time I think, but not yet. They kept him in the squad for a reason, Isak and Wilson’s fitness record being a big one. Osula has played more PL games than Hall has.. he played a fair chunk of Sheffield Uniteds last season. He will be integrated and brought up to speed and then he will play, a loan could have been ideal but we don’t have the luxury of having strikers with good fitness records.

Edited by Nine

2 minutes ago, black_n_white said:

Depending on Wilson’s fitness could we see him going out on loan for the second half of the season? 

In that case he'll not be going out on loan! Can't see Wilson playing more than 10 games this season. Hope I'm wrong though. 

This isn't a slight at Osula himself, but what a waste of fucking time this transfer was. "One for the future" but we need someone who can contribute now. We fucking know Isak and Wilson will both have injury issues and chose not to act, it's absolutely fucking criminal.

1 minute ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Sorry but what was the point in signing this cunt? Villa got Duran for a similar fee and he was able to contribute last season.

Can't even get on the pitch when we literally don't have a striker. 

There's an argument for easing him in, but when he's the only striker available he should be starting. He wasn't bought to be a spectator.

This is 100% gonna be the Lewis Hall 2023 thread isnt it? 

Would anyone expect Howe to throw Osula on for his starting PL debut at away to Everton less than 2 months after signing? And would we be happy spunking a big part of our transfer budget on a ready to go striker this summer?

Just now, BergenMagpie said:

This is 100% gonna be the Lewis Hall 2023 thread isnt it? 

Would anyone expect Howe to throw Osula on for his starting PL debut at away to Everton less than 2 months after signing? And would we be happy spunking a big part of our transfer budget on a ready to go striker this summer?

There's a happy medium though. A third choice striker who is actually able to step onto the field would be better than literally nothing right now. 

All ties in with an abysmal transfer window.

3 minutes ago, Aiston said:

Wish we signed a 3rd choice striker instead of someone not ready for PL football.

Assuming our budget was around the £100m mark him being our only attacking signing is madness and I think someone will ultimately lose their job over it.

Against Wimbledon he was spinning in behind but wasn't getting found. And he played alright surely a fifthteen minute run out isn't too much for him. 

Howe seems to take off Barnes tonali Hall etc as his easy subs whether they play well or not I'm noticing. 

1 hour ago, Doctor Zaius said:

There's a happy medium though. A third choice striker who is actually able to step onto the field would be better than literally nothing right now. 

All ties in with an abysmal transfer window.

True that, but the forum almost went into meltdown with the DCL rumours. Dont think we would have the chance at signing Duran either as someone on here compared to Osula price wise (was a buy back option right?). Hopefully Mitchell will transform us in this regard