Marc Guehi

gdm

1 hour ago, Joelinton7 said:

That seems to be surrounding a release clause which Guehi doesn’t have. End of the day it’s just a tiny club trying to protect itself. Also thinking some of the delay is being caused by Palace wanting a replacement 100% confirmed before PL KO. 

I think Palace are good at protecting their assets and getting good value for them, which is well within their rights.

I actually think this deal gets done eventually, but it will just take some time. That was the point I was making.

A player with a release clause should be more straightforward, and that deal wasn't. And so I'd expect, one without a release clause might be even more tedious.

Also, if it's annoying when the likes of Man Utd fans talk down on Newcastle, why do it to clubs like Palace?

50 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I think Palace are good at protecting their assets and getting good value for them, which is well within their rights.

I actually think this deal gets done eventually, but it will just take some time. That was the point I was making.

A player with a release clause should be more straightforward, and that deal wasn't. And so I'd expect, one without a release clause might be even more tedious.

Also, if it's annoying when the likes of Man Utd fans talk down on Newcastle, why do it to clubs like Palace?

Fair comment on all points really.

7 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Why does the thread title revert to just name? 

Just that there's been no news for a few days. The "first offer rejected" would have started to look a bit old now. When there's anything significant, the title will be updated again. 

8 hours ago, Unbelievable said:

Tiny club? Condescending much mate? :lol:

I don’t read @Joelinton7 comment that way. Have you looked at their history, where they have been division and finish wise? Best, from memory, is a 7th place first tier finish in a 120 years or so. They are, recently, doing fanatically well (10 years in the first tier) all things considered, I.e. fan base, facilities, profile.  They have to protect themselves financially perhaps even more so than the usual aspiration PL team. 

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Calling any PL club as tiny is condescending like even if the point about where they are in the overall food chain has credence 

Fair enough, if that’s your view. To me the word itself doesn’t imply that mist other PL clubs are in some way more entitled or generally superior, just bigger. So it’s not inaccurate, though obviously not complimentary. But then, fuck them!  Sell us your player you weenie waving wank splashes. 

Hopefully this won’t drag on for too long no matter what way it ends up. Risk of another club going coming in and not wasting time, or less time for us to pursue other targets. Fingers crossed this is very close to happening. 

Edited by Ikon

32 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Fair enough, if that’s your view. To me the word itself doesn’t imply that mist other PL clubs are in some way more entitled or generally superior, just bigger. So it’s not inaccurate, though obviously not complimentary. But then, fuck them!  Sell us your player you weenie waving wank splashes. 

:facepalm:

Calling a club like Palace tiny is massively condescending, although I'm not sure it being condescending is a reason not to do it. [emoji38]

I mean, look at it this way, some Palace fan might read it and get really upset. That's a good enough reason to use the word tiny. :aww:

Remember these are the cunts that think Guehi is making a sideways step.[emoji38]