Marc Guehi

gdm

4 hours ago, geordie_b said:

image.thumb.png.c3e3096adba0d2fdfe9ffd3a447a56f1.png

How's the transfer going did y'say

Congratulations...I and probably several others will be having nightmares for the foreseeable future. 

15 hours ago, jack j said:

Hope that it was just a coincidence that Guehi missed most of them games

I think the one game he did have was in central midfield against Aston Villa.

He must've done ok.

There were some rumours of them looking for replacement cbs weren't there, wouldn't shock me if they have all but agreed but palace have said only once we've signed someone to replace

1 hour ago, Andy84 said:

I think we would have had a report of can’t agree terms with Palace by now if it wasn’t happening 

Agree.

Player wants away if we weren't meeting Palace terms they'd be leaking to sound out another buyer.

Will genuinely be astonished if this happens - feels like another instance of us being used to drum up interest from elsewhere. Suspect Guehi would rather stay another year at Palace in the assumption that another good season + establishing himself as an England regular would make a ‘bigger’ move likely. 

I'd be astonished if this DOESNT happen, given everything I've seen with transfers in the past.

Sounds like Palace are willing sellers, we are willing buyers and that Guehi has agreed to join us. There is also no other club in for him... as things stand.

We could do with getting a wriggle on mind. [emoji38]

Just now, STM said:

I'd be astonished if this DOESNT happen, given everything I've seen with transfers in the past.

Sounds like Palace are willing sellers, we are willing buyers and that Guehi has agreed to join us. There is also no other club in for him... as things stand.

100% this for me as well!

It’s a big investment even for the likes of City or Chelsea.. and ManYoo have just spent big on the injured kid.. can’t see either Arsenal or Liverpool biting.

It gets done and I think the number is agreed, it’s how the number is delivered that’s holding up the deal.

Just now, STM said:

Aye, it'll happen.. nobody else seems in for him. Palace are just trying to extract as much money as possible. 

Aye. Pretty sure at this stage this happens. For whatever reason our transfers always seem to move this slowly once they get to this point. People just forget this weird few day long phase where it breaks that it's close, only to go quiet for a few days. Happened with Tonali last Summer. I'd hazard a guess that our FFP/PSR situation means we have to do a lot more negotiation around deal structures.