Marc Guehi

gdm

Just now, McCormick said:

If they made it clear from the jump that they weren’t willing to make any concessions then we may not have wasted all this time.

Obviously it's difficult to say what's actually happened but haven't the reports always been that they want £65-70m, so if anyone has wasted time it's us with the low bid and then gradually increasing it

I have no issue with our approach as just paying what they want isn't sensible but I'm not going to criticise Palace because they do not have to sell and can ask for whatever price they deem fit 

Parish isn’t doing anything wrong but he is gambling. Currently there is one bidder and they have made a big offer. The transfer window is nearly over and the player has 2 years left on his contract. Unless he signs a new deal, which seems unlikely, he could be looking at losing £20m in transfer fee between now and next summer.

We’d be in a similar position if someone bid big for Gordon this summer.

48 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

If only the player felt the same way about you, Steve. 

He's not a generational talent either.

Tedious, tedious club with a tedious, tedious fanbase.

Don't get a lip on when others say the same when we dig our heels in for Bruno, Isak and Gordon. Christ we even dug deep for backroom staff.

The better the player, the harder it is to do a deal. Least we're aiming high, though generational talent comment is quite clearly laughable. 

3 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Dont go down the Ratcliffe route crying out because they are demanding a premium. Its their player. Move on if its too difficult to do a deal.

I'm surprised we haven't done this already. Can only imagine we think this is still getting done, but if it doesn't not a great look for Mitchell and his recruitment team.

Pure brinksmanship from Parish. You don’t want an unhappy player on a contract under two years. I’d leave the offer on the table and say that if it’s not done by the weekend, that’s £2m off the price and if it’s not done by the end of the window that’s an extra £3m off the price 

Just now, gbandit said:

Pure brinksmanship from Parish. You don’t want an unhappy player on a contract under two years. I’d leave the offer on the table and say that if it’s not done by the weekend, that’s £2m off the price and if it’s not done by the end of the window that’s an extra £3m off the price 

I’d agree normally, but with Fulham in for Andersen I think it’s one or the other. Be amazed if both are sold.

Just now, madras said:

Wonder if the player wants to come here enough to put in a transfer request ?

I don’t think it matters how much he wants it. He just doesn’t seem to be that type of character. Credit to him for that if so.