Marc Guehi

gdm

4 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

He’s in mine but don’t know what happens if he signs as I’ve got Pope, Isak and Gordon in there already.

He will just stay in your team as he wasn’t a Newcastle player when you picked him.

45 minutes ago, RS said:

I’m thinking Longstaff could do a job in that position and we save a lot of money. 

Aye to right, sack Mitchell and give his job to Longstaff.

14 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

He’s in mine but don’t know what happens if he signs as I’ve got Pope, Isak and Gordon in there already.

You'll get 4 Newcastle players but first time you try make a transfer you'll have to remove one of them.

Don't want us to be spending this level of money on a CB which unlike strikers is surely easy to find a top talent albeit not with prem experience. However every transfer is a gamble and you have to trust the club if this signing is the difference between say champions league football or not he would nearly pay for himself. 

Off topic but what has happened to Alex Murphy? Never seem to see him mentioned. 

Just now, JP said:

You'll get 4 Newcastle players but first time you try make a transfer you'll have to remove one of them.

If you've got 3 players from Newcastle I wouldn't worry about where you're going to finish anyway.

Longstaff is not disciplined enough to be a pure defensive midfielder let alone a centre back. And I say that with a lot of appreciation for Longstaff but one of the reason he could be so frustrating last season was because of the Joelinton injury he was asked to be the defensive midfielder and he just does not look after the ball. He's good at pressuring and winning the ball but the difference between him and Joelinton is Joelinton is a nightmare for the opposition to then get the ball back off, if they do it takes so long the rest of the team can be back in position, and equally Joelinton is a lot better at doing a quick neat ball out of pressure as soon as the ball is won back, often forward. Longstaff's instinct is often to surge forward or go for a more ambitious diagonal to the flanks, both reasonable options but both more likely to result in a turnover in possession. Neither Joelinton or Longstaff are perfect defensive mids, and remember the big plan last summer was for Bruno to move back into defensive mid with joelinton and tonali ahead. It wasn't just Tonali's suspension that stopped that, Bruno is waaaaay better in an attacking capacity. 

Anyway all to say longstaff would give the ball away waaaaay too much to play regularly at centre back. He can get away with doing it a few times from midfield, your centre back does it it's normally a goal conceded. 

Nowadays you don't just have to worry about the performance of your team on the pitch -if you make massive signings like this, you then have a whole new world of worry about whether your commercial operations are making enough money off the pitch to stop you getting points deductions.

No excuse for DH Gate anymore if this goes through, everyone must do their bit.

Edited by Harry 209

1 hour ago, Ben said:

These leaked bids must be coming from the Palace end, we are normally water tight with transfer info.

Aye. At first it was obviously to spark a bidding war but now it's to make Parish look good to Palace fans. Tbf I'd want us to do the same if someone came in for one of our crown jewels

Basically gave Palace everything they wanted and then some. As long as we aren't fire selling Bruno, Isak, Gordon, Tonali next window then it's probably defensible if the club think he's the next big thing.

I don't personally see it just based on a few games against weak countries in the Euros and an average season in the prem, but trust the club have put their finger on a gem here. Worth noting he's only a year older than Gordon.

28 minutes ago, NWMag said:

He will just stay in your team as he wasn’t a Newcastle player when you picked him.

Surely next time he makes a transfer it will tell him he has too many?

4 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

Basically gave Palace everything they wanted and then some. As long as we aren't fire selling Bruno, Isak, Gordon, Tonali next window then it's probably defensible if the club think he's the next big thing.

I don't personally see it just based on a few games against weak countries in the Euros and an average season in the prem, but trust the club have put their finger on a gem here. Worth noting he's only a year older than Gordon.

I think also worth noting is they’ve been pretty bang on with transfers so far. It’s a lot of money but Fofana went to Chelsea for 60m ff. Palace wanted 70, we’ve 65, it’s hardly like we’ve bent over for them. 

There’s always a risk but I think it would be an awesome signing 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

Really solid window for me this if Guehi is our only major coup. I can live with Almiron, Gordon, Barnes, Osula or even Isak filling in on the flanks for the time being. Losing Schar and replacing with Krafth at CB is a bigger drop-off in quality. 

Hall, Tino, Botman, Guehi; Bruno & Tonali; Gordon and Isak. That's some quality to build around for years to come.

EDIT: And Jacob Murphy

Edited by Fak

Genuinely think he'll surprise a few on here much like Gordon has. Eddie can see this lad has the ability to achieve elite level and he's a popular lad in the dressing room. Calm, mature and commands respect.

We're spending big money for a big reason.

5 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

Don't think that's right, sounds more like we have bid close to what they want. Although at this point we are obviously all in on Guehi so we are going to give them the full asking price if they hold out for it.