Marc Guehi

gdm

6 minutes ago, mattypnufc said:

Random fan account :D - why is that even if here.

Normally a ITK account for fantasy football and line up's before kick off.

Edward’s reckons we will give it until the weekend before we walk away. Personally would do it a bit sooner. Leaving it until the weekend would give us less than a week to get someone else.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Edward’s reckons we will give it until the weekend before we walk away. Personally would do it a bit sooner. Leaving it until the weekend would give us less than a week to get someone else.

They need to Get round  table and discuss it and if it’s no further forward by tomorrow then move on. We play on sun with our best fit centre back suspended and the window shuts in 10 days. We are 2 months in to the window and not really any further forward 

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

They aren’t only going to be talking to Palace about Geuhi… they’ll have other irons in other fires too.

Just now, Shadow Puppets said:

They aren’t only going to be talking to Palace about Geuhi… they’ll have other irons in other fires too.

Of course, but given how long it’s taken to do deals this summer, a week (just less) isn’t a long time.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Not really.

We can start moves for other players whilst still leaving this offer on the table.

12 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Given the Palace leaks have stopped, you'd hope that's what they are doing.

They'll be leading us on a string as close to deadline day as they can before blowing us out again

Fuck parish and palace. I'd really rather we walked away last week and went elsewhere

Edited by jack j

Just now, jack j said:

They'll be leading us on a string as close to deadline day as they can before blowing us out again

Fuck parish and palace. I'd really rather we walked away last week and went elsewhere

this isn’t Mitchell’s first time tbf he’ll have a strategy. Theres nothing to suggest we aren’t already talking to other clubs about other centre halves virtually having a deal agreed if and when we do walk away 

6 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Not really.

We can start moves for other players whilst still leaving this offer on the table.

We can, but other clubs know how much we have to spend if we don’t land Guehi.

14 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Not really.

Nah everyone knows we can only work on one deal at a time 

Could well be wrong but I think this one is dead now. 4 bids if that’s true shows we really want to sign him but every player has a financial point where it doesn’t make any sense.

We need a body in but it doesn’t have to be a “purple”

Not saying Brighton would sell him but someone like Lewis Dunk would just slot straight in and can pass a bit.. £15m or there abouts and you’ve got cover and experience there for 2 years.

27 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

We can, but other clubs know how much we have to spend if we don’t land Guehi.

How would that change in any other scenario?

Also valuing player A at £65m doesn't mean you're willing to spend £65m on player B.

20 minutes ago, Scoot said:

First time checking this thread today. Nowt happening. What a boring window ffs.

Really is and we only need two players to turn it in to a brilliant window. Frustrating 

4 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

How would that change in any other scenario?

Also valuing player A at £65m doesn't mean you're willing to spend £65m on player B.

Other clubs increase prices based on what they think we have to spend and how desperate we may be. With less than a week left that may put us in that category. Although tbh I’d be happy to not buy another CB if we can’t land a top target. 

3 hours ago, McCormick said:

If they ended up with Guehi, I wonder if they’d consider selling Quansah, and for how much? Common sense says less than 70m but you never know these days. 

They already tried to dump Joe Gomez on us as part of the deal to take Gordon. It already crossed my mind when the Gomez link resurfaced yesterday that Liverpool would love for us to spend £45m on him then use the money to buy Guehi. Selling Quansah was already knocked on the head by them in June.

Just now, TRon said:

They already tried to dump Joe Gomez on us as part of the deal to take Gordon. It already crossed my mind when the Gomez link resurfaced yesterday that Liverpool would love for us to spend £45m on him then use the money to buy Guehi. Selling Quansah was already knocked on the head by them in June.

We should do nothing to enable those horrible cunts who have spent the last 4 years agitating behind the scenes against us and our takeover. I’d rather do without than hand them £40m for Joe fucking Gomez.

1 minute ago, Nucasol said:

We should do nothing to enable those horrible cunts who have spent the last 4 years agitating behind the scenes against us and our takeover. I’d rather do without than hand them £40m for Joe fucking Gomez.

Tbf, we have no idea where these links to Joe Gomez are coming from, but I'd be asking serious questions of our recruitment team if he ended up here. Palace might be trying to pull our eyes out for Guehi but I'd take that any day of the week over buying Liverpool's leftovers and giving them the money to buy Guehi instead.

7 minutes ago, TRon said:

Tbf, we have no idea where these links to Joe Gomez are coming from, but I'd be asking serious questions of our recruitment team if he ended up here. Palace might be trying to pull our eyes out for Guehi but I'd take that any day of the week over buying Liverpool's leftovers and giving them the money to buy Guehi instead.

They are coming from that was the supposed PSR dodging deal that was apparently lined up before we saw Anderson & Minteh. Liverpool wanted Gordon and offered Gomez in the other direction.