Marc Guehi

gdm

1 hour ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Not convinced being cup tied would make any particular difference to the deal to be honest. We’ll be thinking long term, not just about a potential 5 games missed.

Exactly. We played Milner against Coventry just before he left for Villa for example. 

6 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

Suppose we’ll find out at Glasner’s press conference if this is happening or not as he’ll be asked if Guehi is playing or not, or is likely to leave the club. 

He’ll give a non-committal answer or say was planned to rest him.

Never known a transfer like this where there is so much noise suggesting it’s happening whilst at the same time there being absolutely nothing tangible whatsoever to corroborate the noise. A tweet gets put out saying “it’s close” and then there’s just nothing, for days. 

57 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

Suppose we’ll find out at Glasner’s press conference if this is happening or not as he’ll be asked if Guehi is playing or not, or is likely to leave the club. 

They play tonight, he will have already had a press conference surely ?

Just now, ponsaelius said:

I still think it comes down entirely to them getting replacements. I think they'd need two CBs in to sell him. 

I think if we offer 70m they will take it and laugh, regardless of it they buy 2 centre backs. I’m sure when they first picked this price it was as a joke as they thought nobody will pay it. 

27 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

Never known a transfer like this where there is so much noise suggesting it’s happening whilst at the same time there being absolutely nothing tangible whatsoever to corroborate the noise. A tweet gets put out saying “it’s close” and then there’s just nothing, for days. 

Glacial levels of speed this one 😂

This is just stupid.  I'd rather just go with what we have than pay £50m for this guy, nevermind £70m.  If we had City's infinite money cheat code then maybe worth a punt but we're leaving ourselves short and potentially screwing ourselves for next year.

2 hours ago, Doctor Zaius said:

How many do you think we'll get in? Right wing is still a major issue for me. Neither Murphy or Almiron are good enough. 

Probably better suited for the general transfer thread but I can't see us signing a RW now. I wish we would but I don't think it's as critical as CB. My larger point is that these financial restrictions make things really difficult for us to sign the types of players who can materially change our level - and I think people are severely underestimating that fact.

2 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

I still think it comes down entirely to them getting replacements. I think they'd need two CBs in to sell him. 

Had no idea who he was.  But I had SSN (how awful is it these days by the way) on and noticed on the transfer tracker thing on the side of the screen they had signed someone from Betis, Chadi Riad.  Looked him up and he's a centre back who played at the weekend.  Plus they're constantly linked with Lacroix.  So surely if they got the latter, they've replaced Andersen and Guehi.  At least in Parrish's eyes they have.  Even if their qualities and abilities might not currently match.

Just now, Lush Vlad said:

Had no idea who he was.  But I had SSN (how awful is it these days by the way) on and noticed on the transfer tracker thing on the side of the screen they had signed someone from Betis, Chadi Riad.  Looked him up and he's a centre back who played at the weekend.  Plus they're constantly linked with Lacroix.  So surely if they got the latter, they've replaced Andersen and Guehi.  At least in Parrish's eyes they have.  Even if their qualities and abilities might not currently match.

Tomkins left on a free in the summer as well if you're looking purely at squad numbers.

Just now, ponsaelius said:

Tomkins left on a free in the summer as well if you're looking purely at squad numbers.

They would still have 4 senior centre backs, as when looking up this new signing.  I noticed they signed Rob Holding (no laughing) last season and all.  

1 hour ago, loki679 said:

This is just stupid.  I'd rather just go with what we have than pay £50m for this guy, nevermind £70m.  If we had City's infinite money cheat code then maybe worth a punt but we're leaving ourselves short and potentially screwing ourselves for next year.

We’ll need a lot more than two positions next summer if don’t finish in Europe this season. He might be over priced, but we’ve put ourselves in this position and we’ve got little option now.