Marc Guehi

gdm

Just now, gdm said:

They are coming from that was the supposed PSR dodging deal that was apparently lined up before we saw Anderson & Minteh. Liverpool wanted Gordon and offered Gomez in the other direction.

Yeah that was back at the end of June. Now we are supposedly looking at him as an alternative to Guehi two months later. Although I refuse to believe there is any truth in it.

13 minutes ago, TRon said:

Yeah that was back at the end of June. Now we are supposedly looking at him as an alternative to Guehi two months later. Although I refuse to believe there is any truth in it.

Exactly. It’s an easy lazy link added to fact he was left out the Liverpool squad because he’s exploring his options. 2+2=?

Edited by gdm

12 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Palace would make it known if that were the case imo.

The gloating and jibes from Parrish would be insufferable. Some crack about historic clubs being better than “new oil money trash” at doing proper football deals.

3 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

The gloating and jibes from Parrish would be insufferable. Some crack about historic clubs being better than “new oil money trash” at doing proper football deals.

Aye he's saving them for next week when we've wasted more time on it

9 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Not sure he’d be gloating. I don’t think they want to keep him (see already trying to buy a replacement) they are just trying to get as much money as possible. Reckon if the end up keeping him with no £70m with his 2 years on his contract ticking down they’ll arguably be just as disappointed as we’ll be 

More damaging for them than us if we walk away.

Unless he has a stellar season he's at the peak of his value. Realistically, Palace are a club that will be seen as a stepping stone by players (as we probably are by the likes of Isak at the moment). If they are seen as a club that will do everything to hold onto players that want to move on to bigger and better things and act publicly and unreasonably in negotiations that might well mean agents of the type of players they want to sign will not see them favourably.

Edited by Jackie Broon

40 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Unless he has a stellar season he's at the peak of his value.

I agree. In fact, his value is inflated even now because of a fortunate (for him) injury at the EUROs. I hope we move on.

Just now, RS said:

Just me that doesn’t want him here now because of the Palace fuckaboutery?

I want him here if we can agree a deal that's acceptable to us. It's really nothing to do with the player. 

Obviously takes the shine off a bit, it's better if it just gets done under the radar. 

1 minute ago, Kimbo said:

Gomez to me is a 15m or under (Liverpool would want much more) stopgap and we would still be looking for a long term Schar replacement.

Dont they want around 40m? its such a poor transfer.

Dominic Solanke just went for 65m.  If we want players to take us to the next level, we have to pay.  Gomez or Chalobah are the sort of players you sign if you want to compete with the likes of West Ham.

Do we not have a short list of other players, I would tell Parish to fuck off off. It's great we've picked up a lot of good lads from the prem but our scouting abroad seems pretty poor.

2 minutes ago, NUFC91 said:

Do we not have a short list of other players, I would tell Parish to fuck off off. It's great we've picked up a lot of good lads from the prem but our scouting abroad seems pretty poor.

Minteh, Isak, Bruno, Botman, and hopefully Tonali all been decent pickups from abroad.

10 minutes ago, Troll said:

Dominic Solanke just went for 65m.  If we want players to take us to the next level, we have to pay.  Gomez or Chalobah are the sort of players you sign if you want to compete with the likes of West Ham.

Ironcially Solanke doesn’t take Spurs to the next level. 

I’d genuinely rather go with what we have than sign Gomes. Chalobah im more receptive towards as his price seems fairly low and he’s younger and less injury prone. I wouldn’t be against  us not signing a CB if we can’t get a top target.

It’s all gone very quiet. You’d like to think it’s either close to being agreed, or it’s completely off. 

I’d be surprised if we don’t hear something concrete either way by the end of tomorrow. 

50 minutes ago, andycap said:

Gomez is a good player I'd take him or chalobah

I think he's a decent enough utility defender, but just out of interest, how would you feel if we bought him, then Liverpool used that money to buy Guehi?