Marc Guehi

gdm

36 minutes ago, RobS said:

Fuck Joe Gomez honestly, we’re not picking up Liverpools trash so they can get even stronger ffs.  

Not convinced we are even seriously looking at him, but takes like these are narrow minded and arrogant.. 

I know it's easy to say from a distance but I'd have walked away from this whole deal the second that slimy spiv cunt opened his mouth last Tuesday. Huge red flag for me, going full public on a private sale of a player to pacify his own fanbase - fuck that. Move on. There are more CBs in the world other than Marc Guehi. He's very good but he's not worth this amount of hassle, especially considering the wanksplat we're having to negotiate with

14 minutes ago, CallumG6 said:

With the way Palace have carried on I’d be doing the exact same. Their scouting network is pretty good. 

He’s made over 100 appearances for Wolfsburg already and he’s only 24. Worth a punt.

I had written about Lacroix even before the Palace's interest... But nobody here believed me. :)

Very good defender and his contract ends next year. A bargain. 

I honestly don't think the club could care less about what clubs they are "helping" when figuring out who to buy. As long as they feel like the player will help us with what we need, and the price is not too bad, that will be first priority above all else.

Edited by Erikse

28 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

Yes please switch to Tapsoba! Fuck Palace and Chelsea.

Agree. Wonder why we don't take a look at Diomonde.  I would even call Everton about Branthwaite if we are willing to make it a priority but that would give us two left footed cbs.

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

No idea how people weren’t certain before tbh.

My lagging doubt was the post immediately before Isak after a long break and nothing happening for ages. With hindsight it seems like it was pure luck.

31 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The sale of another starting central defender is obviously going to have an impact on the Guehi sale, despite 'what you've been told', Keith.

I'd have liked this, so would Howe but sometimes it's a case of win some/lose some. Nothing is guaranteed and sometimes negotiations fail. The club should have other targets lined up. 

4 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

The sale of another starting central defender is obviously going to have an impact on the Guehi sale, despite 'what you've been told', Keith.

I'd have liked this, so would Howe but sometimes it's a case of win some/lose some. Nothing is guaranteed and sometimes negotiations fail. The club should have other targets lined up. 

So really Palace need to hold firm, see where they are at Christmas and sell Guehi then, or even agree a deal for him to leave next summer.

Just now, Ben said:

So really Palace need to hold firm, see where they are at Christmas and sell Guehi then, or even agree a deal for him to leave next summer.

Id rather we didn't wait. Botman will be back then too. 

Just now, Doctor Zaius said:

Id rather we didn't wait. Botman will be back then too. 

100% agree, however they will want to keep him if Anderson is going. Palace are under no pressure at all to sell and TBF in the most uncompetitive EPL in a generation, we are under no pressure to buy.

Masters needs to be careful because his product will start to lose its appeal very quickly and broadcasters will pull back on the mega deals for the TV rights.

25 minutes ago, midds said:

I know it's easy to say from a distance but I'd have walked away from this whole deal the second that slimy spiv cunt opened his mouth last Tuesday. Huge red flag for me, going full public on a private sale of a player to pacify his own fanbase - fuck that. Move on. There are more CBs in the world other than Marc Guehi. He's very good but he's not worth this amount of hassle, especially considering the wanksplat we're having to negotiate with

My guess is the only reason we are still in is because Guehi’s side is telling us wants the move bad. There’s no way we’re going through this with just a lukewarm reaction from the player.

2 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

My guess is the only reason we are still in is because Guehi’s side is telling us wants the move bad. There’s no way we’re going through this with just a lukewarm reaction from the player.

Not disagreeing but if he wants the move that badly then he'll put in a request. If he's just 'open' to a move then I'd prefer us to move on and look at other CBs. If £70m ish is the price then he's going to become one of the most expensive defenders of all time. He either wants it or he doesn't

2 minutes ago, elbee909 said:

No-one puts in requests anymore. Just isn't done.

Then he doesn't want it 'that bad' at all. He either wants to move or he doesn't :lol:

If he's prepared to sit tight and take his Palace wage then it's fair enough. If he wants a little bit extra then he'll push for it. It's really simple imo

1 hour ago, midds said:

In all fairness to him, and I dislike him massively, both times he said something, he was in public.

The 1st one was when he was at the Premier League meeting and they asked him that along with other questions.

The 2nd time he was on TalkSport and was talking more about the clubs finances and the new stadium.

6 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Getting wound up over hypothetical scenarios, mental.

Absolutely agree. I get wound up when people don't get jokes sometimes....

Think this one is toast with Andersen leaving. Cant see them selling both. Shame it felt right for us. Im sure our fallback option will be fine, whether that's now or January.

Should see more money earmarked for RW, with a bit of luck.

I don’t think Anderson is particularly linked to this tbh, Palace will want to either sell him this window or extend him. If neither happens they are kissing goodbye to 15m at least. 

5 hours ago, midds said:

Then he doesn't want it 'that bad' at all. He either wants to move or he doesn't :lol:

If he's prepared to sit tight and take his Palace wage then it's fair enough. If he wants a little bit extra then he'll push for it. It's really simple imo

Sure, just no-one does them anymore as they're not legally meaningful as far as one's contract is concerned, but they can still impact loyalty bonuses. 

7 hours ago, elbee909 said:

No-one puts in requests anymore. Just isn't done.

Can't be giving up those 7 figure 'loyalty' bonuses...after all a footballers got to make ends meet don't they

Just now, gjohnson said:

Can't be giving up those 7 figure 'loyalty' bonuses...after all a footballers got to make ends meet don't they

Would you? Let’s be honest he doesn’t support and his options are looking rather good, why would he sweat it?

On 19/08/2024 at 09:18, Sibierski said:

I’m resigned to this transfer not happening now, and at this point, despite being a fan, rather it didn’t how it’s gone.

Just got to hope the back up option turns out to be a gem and we don’t look back.

It certainly hasn’t played out how they usually do but both Caulkin and Douglas have said club would dispute how many bids there’ve been. All the noise seems to have come from the Palace end.

You’d imagine there either needs to be movement next couple of days otherwise we lose time securing other targets. I’ve no idea what will happen, what a mental saga 😂