Marc Guehi

gdm

Pope is an obvious upgrade down the line, fantastic keeper but if we can find someone with his goal keeping skills but competent with the ball at his feet it’s already an upgrade. 

Would be brilliant to have him in for Spurs with Schar being out. I think we'll be fine without him against bottom half teams but when it comes to the top 7/8, the more quality we have there the better. 

10 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Would be brilliant to have him in for Spurs with Schar being out. I think we'll be fine without him against bottom half teams but when it comes to the top 7/8, the more quality we have there the better. 

The combination of Pope reading the game and sweeping and Guehi’s recovery pace would give the defence a completely different dimension

27 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Pope is an obvious upgrade down the line, fantastic keeper but if we can find someone with his goal keeping skills but competent with the ball at his feet it’s already an upgrade. 

Yep - Pope was an upgrade on Dubravka, but I wouldn’t be unhappy for us to spend big money next summer on a new keeper

I reckon we still have about 2 "looks to be off" followed a day or two later by "the deal is nearly done" rounds to go before we know one way or another. 

Seriously if we don't hear anything today then it's all eyes on the Palace lineup at the weekend for the biggest clue. 

5 minutes ago, Harry 209 said:

Hope Palace arent wanting to drag this out beyond the weekend so he can play for them and not us.

Pretty risky if you want massive amounts of money. He could break his leg on Saturday and it's off. 

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Yep - Pope was an upgrade on Dubravka, but I wouldn’t be unhappy for us to spend big money next summer on a new keeper

Wonder if the original plan this summer was Tosin on a free, try to offload Almiron, with RW and GK as the main signings. Would explain the early Mamavashvili and Trafford links which seemed to dry up after Tosin went to Chelsea. 

Any ITKs staking their last remaining slivers of credibility (“will delete my account and permanently retire from the ITK game”) on him signing today?

Still not seen any chatter about any GK leaving, so not sure. 

I assume during summer we’ve held talks for palace for a while, with Olise the main target and outlay. With him going elsewhere, and missing on Tosin, we’ve continued conversations and moved onto Guehi. Basically been in discussions with Palace since like end of May :D Freedman - Olise - Guehi

2 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Any ITKs staking their last remaining slivers of credibility (“will delete my account and permanently retire from the ITK game”) on him signing today?

Being an ITK is about not giving specifics, keep up. 

Hypothetical, what would be consensus on squad if summer went like below when we were flapping around PSR?

Gordon to Liverpool £80m

Gomez to Newcastle £45m

Eze to Newcastle £50m

Overall outlay £15m. 

Can't get excited at all about this.. In fact it's the opposite - I seem to have developed an irrational dislike for Guehi and a very rationale one for our whole summer transfer window, our scouting, our financial planning, our inability/lack of ambition to attract players. 

If this S.Hezze interest is correct, I'd be even more pissed off - Is the fat putinist in charge of Forest and Olympiacos the only person in the football world we're capable of dealing with?

I'll refrain from further meltdown till the deadline but so far it has been as amateurish (and dodgy) as any Mike Ashley window.. 

Edited by junkhead

3 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

Still not seen any chatter about any GK leaving, so not sure. 

I assume during summer we’ve held talks for palace for a while, with Olise the main target and outlay. With him going elsewhere, and missing on Tosin, we’ve continued conversations and moved onto Guehi. Basically been in discussions with Palace since like end of May :D Freedman - Olise - Guehi

Ha ha ha mad when you think of it like that!

1 minute ago, Sibierski said:

Hypothetical, what would be consensus on squad if summer went like below when we were flapping around PSR?

Gordon to Liverpool £80m

Gomez to Newcastle £45m

Eze to Newcastle £50m

Overall outlay £15m. 

Dogshit