Marc Guehi

gdm

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Last night apparently 

The Castle/Ornstein podcast went out yesterday evening. So you'd imagine it was recorded a few hours beforehand.

Not that it's massively important like.

4 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

I'm starting to think this deal isn't happening.

I think it is, but I think it will be us giving in to improve the bid even further closer to the deadline, in lack of alternatives. And Parish's ego skyrocketing from managing to squeeze a little more out of us by using hardball tactics.

Edited by Erikse

5 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

I'm starting to think this deal isn't happening.

I can’t remember how many times I’ve flipped on this whether it will or won’t happen 😂😂😂 Honestly ffs  

If we have set a deadline of this weekend it’s now time to walk away, or risk getting nobody. Some really good alternatives who arguably have a higher ceiling at the money we are talking.

19 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I think the most interesting thing in that you don’t hear as it cuts off but if you pause it at the end you’ll read that all the data seems to value him at only 38m euros which is where i had him (£35-45m) but we are being charged for Euros and Chelsea sell-on. 

Edited by LFEE

This is where you've got to trust Mitchell and the club a bit. If this was dead in the water you'd assume we'd have walked away, but progress has seemingly been made if we're still plugging away.

I wonder how much of the fanbase are of the opinion that the higher the fee, the more they'll feel that the club have been had over by Palace. I personally don't think Guehi is worth anywhere near the mooted £70m and can't help thinking that it also puts massive expectations on the player, possibly even setting him up for some resentment through no fault of his own.

1 minute ago, Armchair Pundit said:

I wonder how much of the fanbase are of the opinion that the higher the fee, the more they'll feel that the club have been had over by Palace. I personally don't think Guehi is worth anywhere near the mooted £70m and can't help thinking that it also puts massive expectations on the player, possibly even setting him up for some resentment through no fault of his own.

If you and others want to resent a player due to their fee, fair enough. 

2 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

Must admit I'm starting to feel a bit nervous myself. If he doesn't do all that well, we're never going to hear the end of it.:lol:

I’m still 100% confident this deal goes through - we’d have walked away after three weeks if we weren’t assured! We’ll look like absolute mugs if it doesn’t happen but it will happen! 

Edited by Paully

23 minutes ago, Dan Gleebals said:

They did that in a few days, 3 weeks and we have got nowhere. Move on FFS.

I’m not being a bellend here, but how do you know that? They could well have been in conversation with Palace since the Euros for all we know, it just hasn’t been completely played out in public like the Guehi transfer.

He needs to put pressure on parish by saying he wants to go. 

Otherwise we will pay over the odds for him, and other teams will try and do the same to us. 

1 minute ago, Chicken Dancer said:

I’m not being a bellend here, but how do you know that? They could well have been in conversation with Palace since the Euros for all we know, it just hasn’t been completely played out in public like the Guehi transfer.

Got a feeling we'd all know if that was the case as parish seems a right gobshite.