Newcastle United 1-0 Southampton (17/08/24)

Disco

Red card bullshit aside we’ve been extremely poor, our play had been without any thought whatsoever. 

they are playing 3 at the back, just overload the flanks and profit. 

Just now, Kimbo said:

There was no headbutt, so it will be interesting to see the explanation.

FA Rules.

"Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a team-mate, team official, match official, spectator or any other person, regardless of whether contact is made".

So even if Schar has only touched him slightly OR even not at all. The movement towards the head/face of an opponent is considered violent conduct. Always a red card, stupid thing to do from Schar, he knows better.

1 minute ago, clintdempsey said:

Well, it’s worked for them as well. We’ve been frustratingly poor today even up until the red card. Standing off them, poor on the ball and the same fucking gap between midfield and defense as last season. The performance so far has been the opposite of what I expected. 

This has been it for me, super disappointed so far. 

Just now, Menace said:

I genuinely cannot believe Schar has fell for that hook line and sinker.

Poor from him

He's an idiot.

First game of the season at home against a promoted team, and getting wound up and scammed by Brereton Diaz.

3 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Not seen it. Sounds brain dead. It’s a good job we have decent cover at CB I suppose.

Schar did more to Gordon that time.

1 minute ago, Chris L said:

Schar being sent off and banned will make signing a CB before end of the month harder too. Especially if we still after Guehi. Adds a few mil on again  

Don't be so stupid 

Shocking from Diaz but Schar took the bait 100%. Any time you stick your face into a confrontation like that you run the risk. The ref has made it clear he doesn't need any excuse to get the card out for us and Schar gave him that chance