Newcastle United 1-0 Southampton (17/08/24)

Disco

See, then we should be challening this fucking thing. The rule allows for subjectivity and the ref was 100% wrong. The contact was 100% negligible, if it wasnt negligible, the bloke wouldn't havent be joking and chuckling 2 mins later. 

I still believe that red cards need 100% video review, context needs to be applied to the events leading up and after. If you're smiling and acting like you got away with something then root that out too. 

It's a mockery of the game. 

26 minutes ago, Kanji said:

See, then we should be challening this fucking thing. The rule allows for subjectivity and the ref was 100% wrong. The contact was 100% negligible, if it wasnt negligible, the bloke wouldn't havent be joking and chuckling 2 mins later. 

I still believe that red cards need 100% video review, context needs to be applied to the events leading up and after. If you're smiling and acting like you got away with something then root that out too. 

Dermot on ref watch said in pre-season briefings refs were told that the slightest movement of the head towards an opponent should be red carded.

So we have another case of PGMOL not following the laws of the game but doing whatever they fancy, like disallowing goals for touching absolutely anybody's hand a few years ago.

How the fuck do they get away with making up their own laws?

Edited by DahnSahf

The most ridiculous part in all this is how he's being referred to as simply "Diaz" by everyone. He was plain old Ben Brereton from Stoke until he somehow remembered his mother was Chilean in 2021. Barely speaks a word of Spanish by all accounts. :lol:

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Looks like a tramp and has way less class than one 

Hope he gets beaten to death with his own stick and bindle.

8 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Looks like a tramp and has way less class than one 

At a glance and maybe it's just me, but I think if he lopped off that greasy barnet, he'd look like Carvajal. Not coincidentally, another massive cheating cunt.

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

Some good points but missed the crucial point Schar walks towards and leans towards the yeti aggressively it was the yeti who moved his head swiftly forward to ensure contact was made. If any contact is a red then Schar wasn’t responsible for the head to head contact. 

5 hours ago, Skeletor said:

Always liked that Souness bloke.

Them saying the rule says you push your face in someone’s is a red card are actually wrong, it states violent conduct and you could argue the push from Diaz was also violent conduct.

1 hour ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Some good points but missed the crucial point Schar walks towards and leans towards the yeti aggressively it was the yeti who moved his head swiftly forward to ensure contact was made. If any contact is a red then Schar wasn’t responsible for the head to head contact. 

In that case did Diaz head but Schar? Was it a clash of heads?

Just now, Gawalls said:

Them saying the rule says you push your face in someone’s is a red card are actually wrong, it states violent conduct and you could argue the push from Diaz was also violent conduct.

Nah, neither one was. My unbalanced and very old mother would have remained on her feet. 

6 hours ago, Gawalls said:

In that case did Diaz head but Schar? Was it a clash of heads?

I think this view shows not only did BBD commit the first foul and feign injury/simulate (two yellows?) he ensures head to head contact and therefore he technically headbutts Schar. So on the application of the rule to Schar (however soft the contact, it’s violent conduct and you’re off) BBD should have had the straight red. 

Schar shouldn't have been there in the first place though. That just looks like a defensive reaction to someone walking up to you then getting in your face.

The shove in retaliation with his chest should have been enough. Both get a ticking off, at worst two yellows but Schar couldn't let it go. 

4 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

I think this view shows not only did BBD commit the first foul and feign injury/simulate (two yellows?) he ensures head to head contact and therefore he technically headbutts Schar. So on the application of the rule to Schar (however soft the contact, it’s violent conduct and you’re off) BBD should have had the straight red. 

If Schar didn't walk towards him that would massively help his case. I felt for Fab as he was goaded into it. Ideally he waited for the game to restart and goes steaming through Diaz on the next 50/50

@Optimistic Nut @HayDen Traces
Are you certain there would have been head to head contact if BBD hadn’t made the forward movement?
BBD is slightly sideways on, he had time to move his right foot/rotate his body further away if he wanted to avoid contact.
He made sure contact occurred regardless of Schar being fucked off and aggressive. For me it is the Yeti twat’s  violent (and utterly pathetic and disgusting) conduct. 

2 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

@Optimistic Nut @HayDen Traces
Are you certain there would have been head to head contact if BBD hadn’t made the forward movement?
BBD is slightly sideways on, he had time to move his right foot/rotate his body further away if he wanted to avoid contact.
He made sure contact occurred regardless of Schar being fucked off and aggressive. For me it is the Yeti twat’s  violent (and utterly pathetic and disgusting) conduct. 

What frustrates me is nobody is mentioning the fact that Diaz ran 30 yards to push him in the back.

Is that not a yellow card alone before any other action that followed

Just now, RobsonsWonderland said:

What frustrates me is nobody is mentioning the fact that Diaz ran 30 yards to push him in the back.

Is that not a yellow card alone before any other action that followed

I thought that’s what he got the yellow for. 

Nick Pope (Newcastle): He made numerous saves and was just as solid as a rock. He struggled with injuries at the end of last season but was great on Saturday as Newcastle ground out a win with 10 men against Southampton.

Dan Burn (Newcastle): Playing centre-half - and then in a back three when Newcastle went down to 10 men after Fabian Schar's red card - he was a monster. I don't think he gets the credit he deserves considering just how good he's been for how little they paid Brighton for him.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cdx6lekn03no

Troydini's first team of the week

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Nick Pope (Newcastle): He made numerous saves and was just as solid as a rock. He struggled with injuries at the end of last season but was great on Saturday as Newcastle ground out a win with 10 men against Southampton.

Dan Burn (Newcastle): Playing centre-half - and then in a back three when Newcastle went down to 10 men after Fabian Schar's red card - he was a monster. I don't think he gets the credit he deserves considering just how good he's been for how little they paid Brighton for him.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cdx6lekn03no

Troydini's first team of the week

Aye I thought we were class in our 3-3-3 formation. As insightful as expected from this clown.

You'd love to think that given the media reaction to this, PGMOL themselves would look at it, and admit that having now looked at the slow motion videos, and analysing the incident properly (thus not exactly blaming the Ref and/or VAR), they realise it was a mistake, and should change it to a yellow card for Schar for the reaction, as contact was negligable. No real difference to the result as we won the game (other than killing the match as a spectacle), however our player is now available for the next 3 matches.

But, we know they won't, and as much as I think we should, we (NUFC) probably wont appeal it either.

Edited by TK-421