Newcastle United 1-0 Southampton (17/08/24)

Disco

2 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

Shit half, Pawson is as shite as he’s ever been and Schar should have done better.

Burn kicking off in the tunnel :lol:

I understand Brereton made a meal of it, but why does Schar need to react like that to a foul? 

Make no mistake, Pawson is directly responsible for what happened. Had he been giving fouls/yellows for what they were doing tempers wouldn't have boiled over. Got no business being a referee.

Just now, Ronaldo said:

How can officiating be this bad with VAR? How? 

I'm more surprised that people are still expecting different.

It should be a point of emphasis before every match to warn the players off of falling into these traps.

Just now, KaKa said:

Schar doing that annoying thing he does at times at the back, of dwelling on the ball and inviting the pressure, in the lead up to that. Wish he wouldn't.

The head butt is non existent really, but we know these decisions always go badly. Don't fucking give the refs these opportunities to screw us over!

Infuriating stuff.

Could have sworn the ref blew for a foul in the middle before hand, had no idea why Diaz barged into the back of Schar like that. 

Just now, Skeletor said:

Make no mistake, Pawson is directly responsible for what happened. Had he been giving fouls/yellows for what they were doing tempers wouldn't have boiled over. Got no business being a referee.

100%

Fucking awful referee 

Just now, KaKa said:

Schar doing that annoying thing he does at times at the back, of dwelling on the ball and inviting the pressure, in the lead up to that. Wish he wouldn't.

The head butt is non existent really, but we know these decisions always go badly. Don't fucking give the refs these opportunities to screw us over!

Infuriating stuff.

Hadn't the ref already blown for the foul on Bruno, hence the reason Schar was so pissed off with the pricks push in the back?

Just now, Numbers said:

Hadn't the ref already blown for the foul on Bruno, hence the reason Schar was so pissed off with the pricks push in the back?

Had he? Didn't notice if that was the case.

We’ve been extremely poor. Looked hangover and slow on the ball. Never a red card. Fucking can’t Diaz and ref. Having said that I’m a little bit annoyed at Schar. Push him instead or whatever the fuck, don’t give them a decision to make by putting your face there at all. Thank fucking god Joelinton scored just before halftime. Class goal. Very very frustrating game this. We gave them the momentum by being piss poor. Then we got frustrated. 

Just now, Beren said:

Have you say though, I know there's a lot of understandable rust, but thought Newcastle weren't great pre-red card.

So you're saying Craig Pawson is MOTM and the playmaker that spurred us on to the goal. I think I agree. 

Just now, Numbers said:

That’s exactly what happened, Southampton have gotten away with constantly fouling. 

Just now, Shak said:

Barely celebrated the goal, I'm still fuming from that red :lol:

I celebrated a lot. Just want someone to give Brereton a real headbutt at full time.

Just now, Karjala said:

Refs on the take here, had it in for us from the first whistle.

When it's bad decisions just in ones team favour it's very suspicious like.