Newcastle United 1-0 Southampton (17/08/24)

Disco

Just now, Beren said:

Hah! Suck it Pawson you bent prick.

See the last few minutes showed he wasn't, or he wouldn't have been given the fouls we got. He's just terrible, really terrible.

9 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

That's true, but at the lowest level, you get verbal and physical abuse, and intimidation like you wouldn't believe.   That's why decent refs don't come through, no one should have to face that for £35 a game. Plus the training is mental, with the rules changes that are just ridiculous.  I left a long while ago, and it's way way worse now.

Yeah, I get that and that’s where the respect is.

You get absolutely no support from the referee union, and the FA.

Those people higher up though are not the good guys you shared time with at non-league though. They don’t have the respect for the game, or the profession. Their actions on the pitch actively encourage the bad behaviour and abuse you have to put up with from the teams themselves, and the fans.

Given that I'm not worried in the slightest about our ability to score goals, to come out of that with a clean sheet will please Eddie alot.

Few things to think about though.

Like having sex with someone you're not that into that. So glad you got there in the end and that its all over, somewhat surprised you managed it and kinda with a good attitude in retrospect but no chance in hell you'd go again any time soon or watch the video of it

Fucking take that you cheating horrible nothing club from Tory land who's only club legend is now on Twitter sucking Alex Jones’ fermented cheese encrusted cock (the fat American one).

We got 4th playing out of our skin defending. This is the type of powerful performance with back against the wall we missed last season. 

Warriors the lot. 

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

Yeah, I get that and that’s where the respect is.

You get absolutely no support from the referee union, and the FA.

Those people higher up though are not the good guys you shared time with at non-league though. They don’t have the respect for the game, or the profession. Their actions on the pitch actively encourage the bad behaviour and abuse you have to put up with from the teams themselves, and the fans.

That's very close to how it is, scarily close actually mate.

That wasn't pretty, far far from it, but that is such a big result in the circumstances, and the sort that will galvanize the squad given the situation we where in. The defensive solidity in the second half reminded me a lot of the some of the performances during the Champions League run. Warrior performance.

Joelinton was an absolute joke, how we missed him last season, the ref was a joke too but for very different reasons.

I hope we don't have a more stressful performance all season. 

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

From a disaster to an absolutely fantastic result.

Good early season wake up call and yet could also be a galvanising win for the team.

Get in.

Big Joe’s performance and this, that’s it. Win, forget about it and move on.