Nottingham Forest vs. Newcastle United: 28/08/24 @ 20:00 - League Cup 2nd Round (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

We've had their number down there since they came back up so am feeling optimistic. Really looking forward to seeing Sandro and hopefully Osula.

It'll probably be close; wouldn't be surprised if it goes to pens. 

Solid win and then Barrow at home in the next round. Christ are we due a decent draw. 

Judging by his interview, he's had plenty of closed door minutes, so I'm hoping that Sandro gets a start.

I'd love to see him, Willock, Hall, Barnes and Trippier into the team. Would have a fresh feel about it.

2 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Loser keeps Vlachodimos.

Plot twist. He's in net for both teams. 

Directed by M Night Shyamalan

Seems I have the same view to quite a few in here.  Assuming he is staying and his head's right.  Then I'd 100% start Trippier.  Hall, Willock, Barnes and all.  Could keep a very strong looking team even making say 4-5 changes from the one that started at the weekend.  Arguably a better XI, even. 

I can't see Tonali starting.  But it would be great if he could get half an hour or more.  

Pope - Trippier, Krafth, Kelly, Hall - Willock, Bruno, Tonali - Barnes, Isak, Gordon

That’s the team in want. Give Kelly a run out at LCB, rest Burn ahead of league, Trippier minutes with Willock, rest strong as possible.

Thought i'd take a trip down Bruce / Ashley lane;

Newcastle 1-1 Leicester August 2019 Carabao Cup 2nd round in Bruce's first season

Darlow

Krafth

Schar

Fede

Clark

Jetro

M. Longstaff

Shelvey

Hayden

Ritchie

Muto

Bench of Dubravka, Lascelles, Dummett, Manquillo, Sean, Ki, Atsu

20 minutes ago, JP said:

Newcastle 1-1 Leicester August 2019 Carabao Cup 2nd round in Bruce's first season

Darlow

Krafth

Schar

Fede

Clark

Jetro

M. Longstaff

Shelvey

Hayden

Ritchie

Muto

A rare instance of Cabbage Head picking Schar.

25 minutes ago, JP said:

Darlow

Krafth

Schar

Fede

Clark

Jetro

M. Longstaff

Shelvey

Hayden

Ritchie

Muto

Jesus, never forget :lol:

44 minutes ago, JP said:

Darlow

Krafth

Schar

Fede

Clark

Jetro

M. Longstaff

Shelvey

Hayden

Ritchie

Muto

Look how far we’ve come in 5 short years. 

Pope

Trippier

Krafth

Kelly

Hall

Tonali

Bruno

Willock

Almiron

Isak

Barnes

Tonali has to start, would be ridiculous to not start him. Have a few of the young ones on the bench alongside a few of the big hitters (Gordon, Joelinton) and give Osula some minutes as well. 

Definitely want Isak to start and play the first 60-65 minutes. Be good for him actually getting to play some ball today instead of chasing shadows and punts. Would be nice if he could break his duck this season as well. Tonali should start for me as well as Trippier. Rest Burn, Longstaff and Gordon. Give Kelly a go at the LCB position and give Barnes a start. Hopefully we can start to click today and get through.