Darren Eales

Ronson333

14 minutes ago, Decky said:

Staveley and Ghodoussi may have "got us into the PSR mess" but as far as I'm concerned they got us out of it and all is forgiven in that regard. It wasn't ideal to lose Anderson and Minteh but we could have lost Gordon or Bruno, or both. Anderson was a young lad on the fringes of the first team and Minteh never kicked a ball for us so we did alright to sort the mess out and keep our best players. Had they still been here we'd have had a far better transfer window too and we'd all be buzzing for the season (I still am btw) without this negativity. I genuinely don't have a single bad word to say about either of them.

Aye I hate the narrative that they got us into a mess. 

If you'd said in September 2021 that the trade-off for going from second bottom to a champions league campaign in the space of a season and a half, would be having to sell two young players as a result in 2024 - neither of whom had contributed all that much to the club - I'd snap your fucking hands off. 

21 minutes ago, RobS said:

I don't actually blame the club for not being able to sell all the dross. Its Ashley's rein that gave them all stupidly high wages on long term contracts, and all to the type of players who are happty to sit on their arses, get splinters and a pay cheque.

I mean really, who would you buy if you were an aspiring champo club out of our 'bomb squad'? 

Now, of the names in your head, how many of them do you see accepting a pay cut to go and further their footballing career?

Very few names left I suspect.

We will be rid of them when their contracts all expire, until then I think were fucked.

I don't think anyone has had a go at our current regime for not being able to shift the dross, they were lumbered with all of the Ashley rejects. The criticism has only really got harsh at this summer's dealing, and that's because it's been a real shambles looking from the outside.

11 minutes ago, TRon said:

I don't think anyone has had a go at our current regime for not being able to shift the dross, they were lumbered with all of the Ashley rejects. The criticism has only really got harsh at this summer's dealing, and that's because it's been a real shambles looking from the outside.

Definitely.  Latter stage Ashley contracts were fantastically stupid - handing out six and seven year deals on PL wages to complete mediocrities was absolutely nuts.  We're still living with the consequences of Ashley's stupidity.

But there are more saleable assets who've we've failed to 'recycle'.  We seem to cling to players rather than cashing in at peak value - this includes some players who many wouldn't be necessarily happy about losing, but with PSR regs would have made perfect sense.

I’m not being influenced by recent speculation, but Dazza has a lot to prove from my perspective. Two years in, he’s beyond that period where he is relationship building and still riding the wave of what got him appointed. At risk of being big sucked under and flailing around like a rag doll in a groundswell ’Toon Army tsunami’. 

13 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Definitely.  Latter stage Ashley contracts were fantastically stupid - handing out six and seven year deals on PL wages to complete mediocrities was absolutely nuts.  We're still living with the consequences of Ashley's stupidity.

But there are more saleable assets who've we've failed to 'recycle'.  We seem to cling to players rather than cashing in at peak value - this includes some players who many wouldn't be necessarily happy about losing, but with PSR regs would have made perfect sense.

I’d cut them a break on sales. For me, Anderson was a good sale, as was ASM, good players but not what the team needed or quite at the level needed. Shelvey and Wood were also moved on for decent fees.

But beyond those I’m not sure there’s many players who are both sellable and non-core to the team. Players like Miggy and Wilson get mentioned but I just don’t think anyone has credibly came in for them. There’s Willock, but his injury record might be off putting. Lascelles may have gone if he wasn’t injured.

The squad had such a bad age profile when the takeover went through, the players left behind were not just not good enough they were also old. 

Based on nothing but gut feeling, this eales bloke is giving me that creepy bloke who ashley employed after Chris Mort kind of vibes.

I don’t really get the writing off of Eales as a no hoper/blagger, he’s got solid experience. Does he deserve to answer questions though, absolutely, it’s on his watch. 

There’s been a collective fuck up regarding PSR. I’m still not sure how we got ourselves in such a serious predicament back in June forcing us to sell. Something went seriously wrong there where we seem to have taken our eye off the ball.

The June PSR situation and the current failed window is the first major blip since the takeover. There needs to be a collective sit down and work out how we do things moving forwards because it seems a bit chaotic currently. The changes at boardroom level have obviously effected things too.

My own personal opinion is I think we need to see more concrete action - st James decision, training ground update, more sponsorship announcements. It all seems to have lost a bit of momentum. I just hope Eddie keeps the team unified, we avoid serious injuries and then go again in Jan in the transfer window after a bit of a sort out. We can still have a very good season but no doubt things have been a let down recently. 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

17 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

I don’t really get the writing off of Eales as a no hoper/blagger, he’s got solid experience. Does he deserve to answer questions though, absolutely, it’s on his watch. 

There’s been a collective fuck up regarding PSR. I’m still not sure how we got ourselves in such a serious predicament back in June forcing us to sell. Something went seriously wrong there where we seem to have taken our eye off the ball.

The June PSR situation and the current failed window is the first major blip since the takeover. There needs to be a collective sit down and work out how we do things moving forwards because it seems a bit chaotic currently. The changes at boardroom level have obviously effected things too.

My own personal opinion is I think we need to see more concrete action - st James decision, training ground update, more sponsorship announcements. It all seems to have lost a bit of momentum. I just hope Eddie keeps the team unified, we avoid serious injuries and then go again in Jan in the transfer window after a bit of a sort out. We can still have a very good season but no doubt things have been a let down recently. 

Has also overseen an increase in revenue of 180m in 2022 to 300m in 2024. No small feat.

Is behind an enormous hiring spree to beef up every aspect of the operations side of things, based off a few searches on LinkedIn they’ve hired some very experienced staff to run new merchandising/retail/digital etc sides of the business  

Seems good at his day job, I don’t mind him having a bit of personality and enjoying a pint. Never boring is it?

6 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Has also overseen an increase in revenue of 180m in 2022 to 300m in 2024. No small feat.

Is behind an enormous hiring spree to beef up every aspect of the operations side of things, based off a few searches on LinkedIn they’ve hired some very experienced staff to run new merchandising/retail/digital etc sides of the business  

Seems good at his day job, I don’t mind him having a bit of personality and enjoying a pint. Never boring is it?

Yes the club was completely in the doldrums, we’ve almost had to start from scratch. He speaks well and comes across well to me but he will have to answer some questions over what’s gone on recently and I don’t see an issue with that. 

Wasn’t there an article making links with Ashley ffs, maybe Kennedys? Fuck off ffs 😂

Edited by ExiledGeordie

The departure of Amanda and Ghod' have left a huge void in the club for me. They were as important as any of the players in the resurrection of our club.  For me it's not been the same since they left. It's like they took all of the emotion, motivation and enthusiasm away with them

Just now, jackyboy said:

The departure of Amanda and Ghod' have left a huge void in the club for me. They were as important as any of the players in the resurrection of our club.  For me it's not been the same since they left. It's like they took all of the emotion, motivation and enthusiasm away with them

They had some personality and were likeable for sure, but not sure if things would have been any different this window if they were here still?

4 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

And communication 

I think Amanda & Mehrdad have been used as a scapegoat for PSR. The overspend was under Eales & Ashworth's watch as there was no further spend in January. As jackyboy said the emotion has drained from the club since they left and the buck stops with Eales. If he did hang her out to dry and get PIF to get rid he better back Eddie to the hilt, as he will never win the fans back if/when he loses them. PSR appears to have been risked against selling Joelinton, so all Amanda did was give him a new contract. I would have done the same. Eales and Ashworth caused PSR and Mitchell appears hopeless up to now. If a married couple with no football experience can do the job they did it speaks volumes about Mitchell & Eales competence. 

3 hours ago, ExiledGeordie said:

In an alternative universe, Bruno goes for £100m and Tosin comes in on a free. Then they have close to £200m to spend on the Bruno replacement, a right winger and whoever else they’d identified. Shopping in England is still a bit strange though.

4 hours ago, James said:

The real villain here is Jacobo Solis - watch the Amazon documentary 

Why do you say that? From what I remember his input turned out to be correct in terms of Everton bluffing about what they wanted for Gordon and having to be conscious of FFP.

It’s a bit of a pointless debate in regards to Eales.

None of us know how much or little he has done in the last two years. 

He does give off a strange vibe and maybe needs to stop the singing until we’ve won something.

I agree we need some much needed news in regards to 

Stadium Plans 

New training ground ? Or sticking with Benton ?

New commercial deals (a couple of difference makers) 

Maybe a word from PIF to say what there plans are now with financial constraints (and if they still believe we can challenge the elite) - Eg 10 year plan.

Edited by JonBez comesock

7 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Fuck anybody trying to slander Amanda and Mehrdad. They saved this club when nobody else was even trying.  Team Amanda all the way. 

Fuckin' A.

11 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Fuck anybody trying to slander Amanda and Mehrdad. They saved this club when nobody else was even trying.  Team Amanda all the way. 

You can still be “Team Amanda” and notice they had their misgivings. Were excellent but not perfect. 

Welcome back anytime for me but it is much more complex than “they v them (Eales, Mitchell etc) in my opinion.