Newcastle United Vs. AFC Wimbledon [LCR3] (01/10/24) Live on SkySports+ (Chelsea (h) if we progress)

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

Haha yep - have we ever won away to Wimbledon?  I genuinely can’t remember ever winning at Plough Lane or Selhurst vs them 

3-3 in 95/96 is the best I can remember 

3 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I mean they were in a pot of 6 teams, it was fairly likely they’d be drawn [emoji38]

Ha, didn’t realise this until later in draw.

honestly didn’t think it would be this blatant. Good draw obviously, but fuck me - let’s try and destroy as much as possible magic of a cup in favour of making big clubs a bit bigger. 
Clearly driven by “top 6” threatening to withdraw if they don’t get what they want. 

Someone make the corruption make sense. The reason given for the European teams not playing each other farce was that there's extra fixtures. But they all still have to play a Carabao Cup game so why can't they play each other?

1 minute ago, cubaricho said:

As soon as the Brighton ball got pulled I was like "this is it" :lol: 

I actually picked the raoulmoat up ready to turn the tv over :lol: 

Reckon that draw means we'll be playing on the 17th to be on TV. We're playing that Saturday and the Euro clubs are in Europe that week so they'll be the second week. 

1 minute ago, Skeletor said:

Someone make the corruption make sense. The reason given for the European teams not playing each other farce was that there's extra fixtures. But they all still have to play a Carabao Cup game so why can't they play each other?

They should all play each other to reduce the number of games.