Newcastle United Vs. AFC Wimbledon [LCR3] (01/10/24) Live on SkySports+ (Chelsea (h) if we progress)

18 minutes ago, buzza said:

Luise the mackem is a complete a-hole, harping on about gordon to liverpool again. Detestable piece of work

I noted No Hope’s mic was either not working or he’d forgotten to activate it. Made a pleasant change not hearing in full on misery mode.

25 minutes ago, LFEE said:

I understand yours too. However I’m just mindful of wholesale changes or no regulars on the bench. We aren’t good enough for that yet. It helps we are at home now so I think that might sway 1-2 extra changes but ultimately we’ve got to win THIS game. No ET so straight to a lottery after 90mins. Let’s win the game and bring players off if need be. There’s no game for two weeks after Everton.

It’s not as if we are in any sort of playing form. Man City display aside we’ve been well below par. Especially in an attacking sense. We know Isak won’t be available also.

Wimbledon have lost only 1 in 7 games. Winning 5 plus 1 win on Pens against Ipswich. They may be 3 leagues below us but they are in form. Same as Sheff Wed were who everyone seemed to forget about at the time when they thought we’d swat them aside with 5 changes.

We also have the knowledge we have a home tie next round. Win that also and things get really interesting. Especially with a bit of luck.

Yeah where not exactly creating loads of chances and have our main striker out, think it might be a toil the way we’ve been playing, unless we suddenly click after Saturdays improvement.

Repeating myself here. But I’ll say it again as the Sheff Wed game has been brought up, again. 

Sheff Wed were up at the top of League One, not League Two. They would have had a Championship level budget and huge in comparison to Wimbledon. I think they still had a few decent players, too.  It was also away.

I don’t think a lot of the changes we made to the XI were very good, from memory. As Ronaldo says, Isak was returning off a long lay-off and was only ever playing a half. Didn’t a years past it Ritchie and the lesser spotted Manquillo both start? 

I think we could still field a very good team with 8-9 changes. Loads of them would be first team regulars from the last season or two and/or players that are pushing for starts currently and have been starting league games this season, already. 

Not sure I agree with people suggesting Sanusi, Harrison, Alex Murphy etc get a game from the off. Plus I would go with a strong bench. But I think wholesale changes will be made and I’m not against that. 

Edited by Lush Vlad

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

Let’s win the game and bring players off if need be. There’s no game for two weeks after Everton.

I do agree that we need to take this seriously but Bruno will be flying to South America during the break and most likely start twice. Gordon will be getting some minutes with England too. Personally I would have both on the bench and bring them on at HT or at 60 minutes if needed.

Hopefully not needed and we can instead bring on some of the youngsters like Sanusi and Harrison.

Edited by Pata

4 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

We played such a shit team against Sheff Wed to be fair, and Isak wasn’t fit.

Thats the problem starting with a weak team. We ended the game with:

Dubs

Manq

Lascelles

Botman

Trippier

Bruno

Joelinton

Willock

Miggy
Wood

Ritchie

But all too late.

20 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Dubs in net is a goal head start. Ritchie the invisible man. We can play a side that finds a better compromise.

So who you putting in goal tomorrow?

Excluding unknown quantities from the academy, there isn't a team we could put out that wouldn't be landslide favourites at home to a mid-table League 2 outfit. If we can't win that fixture without Bruno and Gordon in the side, then that really does indicate that the players haven't stepped up. Thankfully there's zero evidence to indicate we'd be anything other than utterly professional. 

I don't think there's much of a cautionary tale with Sheff Wed because we should've won that three times over, and you can easily counter-argue with the 3-0 at Old Trafford, where we had a front three of Miggy, Gordon and Ritchie and a CB pairing of Krafth and Dummett.

Cup upsets happen but when you're going hell for leather on all fronts, you take any opportunity to protect your most crucial players. 

Dubravka

Tino       Krafth      Burn      Kelly

Tonali   Longstaff   Willock

Almiron         Osula         Murphy

13 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Excluding unknown quantities from the academy, there isn't a team we could put out that wouldn't be landslide favourites at home to a mid-table League 2 outfit. If we can't win that fixture without Bruno and Gordon in the side, then that really does indicate that the players haven't stepped up. Thankfully there's zero evidence to indicate we'd be anything other than utterly professional. 

I don't think there's much of a cautionary tale with Sheff Wed because we should've won that three times over, and you can easily counter-argue with the 3-0 at Old Trafford, where we had a front three of Miggy, Gordon and Ritchie and a CB pairing of Krafth and Dummett.

Cup upsets happen but when you're going hell for leather on all fronts, you take any opportunity to protect your most crucial players. 

Dubravka

Tino       Krafth      Burn      Kelly

Tonali   Longstaff   Willock

Almiron         Osula         Murphy

I like this, but would sub Tonali after 45 if we're cruising.

38 minutes ago, LFEE said:

So who you putting in goal tomorrow?

Ruddy or the Greek. A shot on target more than a metre away might be not a guaranteed goal.

Jug lugs should’ve been told to piss off in the summer 

4 minutes ago, Disco said:

When was the last time us and the lads from chickentown played at home on the same evening?

Northampton in the league cup and whoever they were playing, don't know if it was the last

5 hours ago, nufcjb said:

Think its on Sky Sports+ channel. Don't think it'll be on Main Event as they have Championship games on iinm.

Norwich Vs Leeds is on there 

5 hours ago, nufcjb said:

Think it’s on Sky Sports+ channel. Don't think it'll be on Main Event as they have Championship games on iinm.

Not sure if I can watch this or not 

Am on Virgin who say I’ll need a special new 360 remote to watch Sky Sports+ 

So does that mean I cannit watch it the neet as my new remote hasn’t arrived yet 

Yours sincerely 

Mr Confused of North Shields  

Edited by bobbydazzla

11 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Wtf is Sky Sports+ and how do I find it on Sky Go?

You can't, watch it on the Sky Sports App instead. Just go to the fixtures and it'll show as being available to watch before kick off. 

Edited by KDT

38 minutes ago, KDT said:

You can't, watch it on the Sky Sports App instead. Just go to the fixtures and it'll show as being available to watch before kick off. 

What a farce