Newcastle United 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur (01/09/24) | Reaction: pg 48 | Goal posts: OP

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

The only reason Isak has gone down is the foul, doesn't take a lot to knock anybody off balance when they're on one leg mid-strike and Isak's not diving mid-strike.

Exactly. Wasn't obvious at full speed first time round, but you could see how Isak's momentum got totally unbalanced by that clip to the leg.

1 minute ago, JUICE690 said:

Just noticed it's Maddison who lets Joelinton drift past him before that lush through ball. :aww:

Seen a wet paper towel with more strength and vigour than “Madders” had in that half arsed challenge. 

Bless him, he genuinely tried to properly do Bruno as well with a scissor tackle but didn’t succeed. 

28 minutes ago, Disco said:

image.thumb.jpeg.66aa754e791c376a690f053763de843f.jpeg

Unlucky lad. 

Went from barely missing out on CL a few times with Leicester to miss out on CL even more with Spurs.

Edited by Erikse

I really hope we can improve on our performances before the results catch up with them.

Everyone we’ve played so far has moved the ball noticeably better than us. 
I don’t expect tikka takka (or want it) but being able to play 7 or 8 consecutive passes or at least cross the half way line now and again to relieve some pressure would do wonders for my nerves.

We’re pure winging atm.

57 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I thought at the time it was a reckless challenge. I’m tired of commentators saying that because they got the ball, it’s ok. No, you can still perform a reckless challenge and get the ball. They did another challenge like that later on outside of the box though.

Yep, the whole 'he got the ball first' hasn't been the rule for donkeys years.  They'll be telling us that bundling the goalkeeper into the net with the ball is alright if it was a fair charge

Went through Isak's ankle before clipping the ball anyway, and Radu's face looked guilty as fuck.

There's no debate wether it's a penalty, it was a stonewall penalty, but the VAR team need to flip a coin to decide wether or not it was a clear and obvious error, or just an error, as for some reason that completely vague, subjective difference is important.