Wolverhampton Wanderers vs. Newcastle United: 15/09/24 @ 16:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

1st away of the season for me this 1. Hoping for an improved performance but more importantly, 3 points.

Schar back for this 1. Tonali got to start

Edited by Scoot

Hmm, they were very good last season but they’re one of the few clubs to have had a terrible window like us. I think it’ll be a tough game to get a win in, I’ll go for 2-2

42 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Fucking international breaks. 

Might be a good thing tbh - regroup - work on a couple of things here and there - then attack the next 4/5 fixtures 

Hopefully for this or most likely Fulham you see the like of Wilson, Willock and Miley coming back - will be such a boost 

Just now, Mikky said:

Might be a good thing tbh - regroup - work on a couple of things here and there - then attack the next 4/5 fixtures 

Hopefully for this or most likely Fulham you see the like of Wilson, Willock and Miley coming back - will be such a boost 

Sandro is in the Italy team, so hopefully he'll get a run out and closer to match fitness.

4 from this and Fulham would be good for me. That would leave us on 11 points after 5, basically on pace for 4th. 

We are often bad there but with Neto gone, hopefully we won’t be so vulnerable to the counter attack. 

1 hour ago, Taylor Swift said:

4 from this and Fulham would be good for me. That would leave us on 11 points after 5, basically on pace for 4th. 

We are often bad there but with Neto gone, hopefully we won’t be so vulnerable to the counter attack. 

These are the games we should be putting away, though. We can't assume we do the double over Villa again, beat Arsenal at home etc.

4 points is not devastating, but it is the same amount we got against these two teams last season where we didn't qualify for Europe.

P.S. Tonali absolutely starts this one for me. Anything else is crazy talk.

Edited by 80

12 hours ago, Troll said:

Sandro is in the Italy team, so hopefully he'll get a run out and closer to match fitness.

Somewhere there's an Italian CM that has missed out on this squad for someone who hasn't played football in 10 months :lol:

A sharper Gordon and Isak will make all the difference too. It’s clear Gordon still isn’t fully fit after having a disrupted summer training wise pre lack of pre-season which Howe talked about in the presser. Isak also looks like he’s lacking sharpness.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

5 hours ago, 80 said:

These are the games we should be putting away, though. We can't assume we do the double over Villa again, beat Arsenal at home etc.

4 points is not devastating, but it is the same amount we got against these two teams last season where we didn't qualify for Europe.

The five games we have after that means I think we need to win both to get a bit of a buffer. Albeit at a ridiculously early stage of the season. 

The three home games after Fulham are against City, Brighton and Arsenal. You’d do well to get 3 points out of that, IMO. Aways in between these three against Everton, where we always seem to fuck up no matter how shit they are. Plus Chelsea who could be brilliant or utter crap. So a hard one to be confident about with the 30 expensive players they have at their disposal. 

5 hours ago, 80 said:

4 points would be excellent. Just staying unbeaten would be good. 

11 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

4 points would be excellent. Just staying unbeaten would be good. 

General rule of thumb is that if you win your home games and draw your away, you'll get 4th. So 4 points from 2 away games would be a good return.