Wolverhampton Wanderers 1-2 Newcastle United (15/09/24) | Reaction: pg 51

Yorkie

1 minute ago, Beren said:

No problem with Hall being up there and I accept it's part of his learning curve but when you lose possession, you've got to get back!

But he did? What more can he do. He's not Alphonso Davis.

6 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

If he doesn't lost the ball we don't concede end of

Correct but that’s also why I called people who think it’s that cut and dried are as clueless as our former lipless manager. Remember him blaming Adam Armstrong for having a shot, for us conceding away at Old Trafford. Players lose the ball on the edge of the opposition box all of the time, but it doesn’t lead to a goal if the rest of the team do their jobs. I say it again, Longstaff losing the ball 80 years from our goal wasn’t great, but there were multiple chances to avoid that goal. None of which Longstaff is directly responsible for. 

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Yeah, poor half, no doubt about that. 

Longstaff is an obvious lightning rod but the bigger issue is that we don't have a coherent or impactful attacking gameplan. Extremely passive and predictable, not apparently playing to anybody's strengths. 

Early days but doesn't look like the break has given us anything. Hmm.

We looked sharper in the easily stages but pretty poor thereafter 

2 minutes ago, CPL said:

Poor team selection. Hard to defend Howe on this instance. 

Aye. If you were to make a list of the best footballers in our squad, Tonali, Barnes and Trippier are in the top 10, arguably even top 5 in the case of Tonali and Trippier.

We need to get our best players on the pitch. It's harsh to dig them out as they've been good servants, but Murphy and Longstaff don't start for many other teams in this division. 

Good for the first 30 mins, shite after that. I will say like, our worst performers today so far have been Bruno and Isak IMO. Both have lost the ball numerous times, and Bruno was dreadful for the goal.

Whole team needs a kick up the arse, and Tonali / Barnes need to be on. Potentially Trippier too.

Would like to see us go 4-2-3-1.

Tonali, Almiron and Barnes on for Longstaff, Murphy and Joelinton.

Gordon in the hole, Barnes left, Almiron right.

Our current shape is horrendous at creating anything when teams just allow us to have the ball.

Just now, Shadow Puppets said:

Good for the first 30 mins, shite after that. I will say like, our worst performers today so far have been Bruno and Isak IMO. Both have lost the ball numerous times, and Bruno was dreadful for the goal.

Whole team needs a kick up the arse, and Tonali / Barnes need to be on. Potentially Trippier too.

Is Longstaff blacked out on ur tv?

Just now, janpawel said:

Missed the last 15 mins, but surely we won't get an easier away game this season? 

Need to turn this around 

Yeah this is the biggest open goal like [emoji38]

Frustrating it's going to be a slog rather than the enjoyable cruise it should be.

Not using both sides of the pitch, Livramento going rogue, poor choice of starters, players not interested when tracking back and helping out is needed, casual approach to attacks.

Rather wasteful half tbh.

Edited by mighty__mag

We keep seeing these same performances and starting 11's and then we've changed it late game and gotten results. There will be times when that doesn't happen and people are really going to start asking questions and getting vocal about their frustrations with Howe. We're not playing two games a week and we've not got the same injury problems in midfield. It's not good enough. 

Started watching the international feed, dipped into Sky, and then back to international feed. Fuck me, "Carra" hates us doesn't he? Every possible dig he can get in. Completely unbearable.

A string of errors for their goal, and not just what the Scouse cuntface said about Longstaff. Big Al on now on the international feed and just blaming us for not getting a goal when on top. International feed blaming Dan Burn for getting too tight and Tino for stopping and not following the goalscorer.

There are points out there if we want them. Howay the lads!

9 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Were they?

:lol: Right?

Oh how I regret ditching the forum over the summer. Proper missed people picking arguments against barely-existing opinions.

Edited by wormy

1 minute ago, Smal said:

Just watched Livramento for their goal by the way… a shocking bit of decision making from him makes that a goal rather than an easily defendable situation.

I don't think he's even getting back in time, probably at best needing to make a challenge from wrong side and hope he gets ball or it's a pen/red card.

Gone with there's two players back and 2 attackers, I'll go with one on edge unmarked. Split decision which I don't think mattered either way after that dummy.