Manchester City - 115 Charges Case for Alleged Financial Breaches Begins

BUJ

22 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

Why wouldn't this be on the level of Juventus (who were demoted two divisions I believe) or even Rangers (who had to start again from the bottom)?

It’s pretty much worse than either of them for me.  Difference is that - unlike Scotland or Italy - England’s professional leagues aren’t run by the FA; they’re not even run by the same body.  So if the PL relegate Man City, they can’t rule that they need relegating to the fourth tier. 

I've no idea what the scope is in terms of potential penalties, but the PL isn't going to cut its nose off to spite its face. Stripping titles and/or relegating them would undermine the competition's most prestigious and lucrative era and cause untold reputational damage. They'll settle for transfer bans or some other punishment they'll barely feel. 

If they are found guilty of at least some of the more serious accusations they have to be given a hefty punishment otherwise the PL/FA/whoever just look incredibly toothless. I'm talking points deductions over multiple seasons, eight-figure fines, potentially transfer bans. I don't think they'll demote them down the leagues to be honest but if they gave them points deductions over a few seasons to almost guarantee they'd finish outside the top four (eg. 30pts per season for three seasons) that might be reasonable. If it was just a large deduction for one season they'd just be straight back in the mix the following season.

However, I think they'll get away with it. As we've seen with Leicester's case, the rules and regulations are riddled with loopholes, poorly-worded clauses etc. They've hired heavyweight after heavyweight to fight this case for them and I can see that paying off.

To be honest if we could lose 10 points just due to not meeting the PSR requirement, then surely Man City should face something like 1000 points punishment?

2 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

How long do we expect this to take? A few weeks? A few months? Does this rumble on until the same time next year?

Article I read this morning said the hearing will be a couple of months or so but the decision might not even be by the end of the season. Then whichever side loses can appeal so....

City avoid points deduction, fine or transfer ban. But have to agree to:

Man Utd and Liverpool to start every season on +60 points

Man Utd to get a new stadium, paid for by privatisation of the NHS

Man Utd and Liverpool to be able to sign any player from any other PL club, with no transfer fee required

Jurgen Klopp allowed to officiate VAR on all matches Liverpool play

Edited by bobbydazzla

2 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Hope the PL lose embarrassingly. Anything that weakens their hand and eases the stranglehold those monopolistic clubs have on the league is good for us.

Aren't we hoping for Man City losing, then challenging the rules during appeal?

A points deduction enough to hurt them but not to relegate them.

A fine that will be a drop in the ocean to them.

3-4 window transfer ban.

They'll have one year in mid-table and then straight back to winning titles the year after.

City win. PL chiefs resign due to forcing illegal restrictions in trade. Newcastle spend 800m on players and convert SJP to

an 80,000 stadium with leazes terrace incorporated into east stand as a hotel we can keep selling back to ourselves. 

28 minutes ago, Froggy said:

A points deduction enough to hurt them but not to relegate them.

A fine that will be a drop in the ocean to them.

3-4 window transfer ban.

They'll have one year in mid-table and then straight back to winning titles the year after.

Could be that they win the CL the season the punishment is enforced so they don't miss a year anyway :lol: 

You can just see it… Punishment without punishment. Not that I’m too fussed either way. Wouldn’t want them losing their titles to Liverpool and think half these financial rules are a load of tripe.

Edited by LFEE