Manchester City - 115 Charges Case for Alleged Financial Breaches Begins

BUJ

41 minutes ago, HayDen Traces said:

I wish Chelsea's "rule bending" was investigated. Its staggering what they've gotten away with and seem to fly under the radar in the media.

The point is it’s rule bending and not breaking.

we could argue spirit of the rules as well

as the letter but they are playing dirty bit ultimately fair.

it will catch up with them though, only so many times you can do it before running out of road

Cant wait for the future, should these rules remain, when the clubs with the most money will by definition buy the league and nobody can compete but we'll call it 'winning the league' instead because its the usual suspects.

Really hope we can squeeze through whatever tiny gaps are left because when they start making things more strict after Chelsea's fucking about and then this it'll be utterly impossible for any club to close the gap on the top clubs. 

44 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

The point is it’s rule bending and not breaking.

we could argue spirit of the rules as well

as the letter but they are playing dirty bit ultimately fair.

it will catch up with them though, only so many times you can do it before running out of road

Well yes and no, Chelsea's new owners found that Abramovich had been paying people off the books as well as other financial irregularities, which is what saw Rangers effectively kicked back to the bottom of the Pyramid. And yet seemingly nothing has been done about this thus far 🤷🏻‍♂️

29 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Well yes and no, Chelsea's new owners found that Abramovich had been paying people off the books as well as other financial irregularities, which is what saw Rangers effectively kicked back to the bottom of the Pyramid. And yet seemingly nothing has been done about this thus far 🤷🏻‍♂️

Chelsea self reported for what appeared to be incomplete information. That may indeed mean paying people off the books but it is nothing like Rangers issues nor is it clear cut what that meant or indeed just how far the PL have been able to establish matters without Input ( I would guess ) from the previous regime. 

Having been involved in many an investigation of football clubs I can assure you that most clubs push matters indeed the recent settlement between HMRC and NUFC suggests that all was far from clear cut in matters Newcastle. 

2 hours ago, Wolfcastle said:

Cant wait for the future, should these rules remain, when the clubs with the most money will by definition buy the league and nobody can compete but we'll call it 'winning the league' instead because its the usual suspects.

Spoiler alert, that “future” already happened. 

15 hours ago, TRC said:

the cup competitions get tricky too, as I assume City beat the some big teams along the way and not just the final.

Newcastle 0-2 Man City

We were cheated.  CHEATED.

1 hour ago, Sima said:

Newcastle 0-2 Man City

We were cheated.  CHEATED.

It still pisses me off how the mackems got promoted in '90 when Swindon got done. Blackburn and us both finished ahead of them in the league, and Blackburn got knocked out of the playoffs by Swindon.

16 hours ago, Nucasol said:

Everything will just be struck out in the records like they did with Juventus in 2004/5.

IMG_6217.thumb.png.0e3b48beb51f7ca96de1945e67942cba.png

Doubt it, they were found guilty of actual match fixing.

Plus, it's a terrible look for the PL. 

9 hours ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

I think the fact no other club is following Chelsea's lead or copying their transfer policy suggests to me that others in the game are waiting for something to fuck up or be investigated.

It's either genius or ballsy

Just on the Chel$ea thing, I know the Hotel sales to themselves were cleared, but did they also get away with selling their Women's team to themselves, for that vastly inflated figure, too?

I think they’ll be found guilty of breaching the regulations. The evidence seems clear. They’ll get a massive fine, 40 points deduction and transfer ban, but will avoid relegation.

However, ultimately I think they are relying on contesting the legality of the regulations, and that could take ages to resolve. 

What separates City from the likes of Everton and Forest is that those clubs took risks which didn’t come off. The charges against City suggest that they undertook a pre-planned strategy to cover up a significant breach of the regulations.

1 hour ago, UV said:

It still pisses me off how the mackems got promoted in '90 when Swindon got done. Blackburn and us both finished ahead of them in the league, and Blackburn got knocked out of the playoffs by Swindon.

Yup. I said at the time that the team who was most badly done to was West Ham, who finished seventh.

After Swindon were booted out, they should have replayed the play-offs, including the Hammers before the next season started.

Edited by bigfella

42 minutes ago, bigfella said:

Yup. I said at the time that the team who was most badly done to was West Ham, who finished seventh.

After Swindon were booted out, they should have replayed the play-offs, including the Hammers before the next season started.

But then Keegan may have never happened so it all worked out in the end

14 hours ago, Decky said:

Really hope we can squeeze through whatever tiny gaps are left because when they start making things more strict after Chelsea's fucking about and then this it'll be utterly impossible for any club to close the gap on the top clubs. 

PIF don’t seem to want to do that. 

I don’t see how Man City can be found guilty of multi-year intentional financial cheating and not get a relegation. A points deduction doesn’t suffice. 

But like I said yesterday - I don’t think substantial guilty verdicts will stick after appeals. 

Interesting that if they are expelled from the league which is a punishment option they would have to apply to the EFL to play, who would be under no obligation to accept them.  Seems like if they want them relegated a points deduction would be the cleanest option otherwise they may be without a league to play in. 

Any punishment if found guilty needs to hit long term. It's pointless relegating them for one season if the are allowed to come back with the still huge finances which were built off the back of systematic rule breaking (if found guilty of course).

Sponsorship to be limited to the average size of other clubs in their division etc (that's off the top of my head, probably needs talking through properly as I haven't gave much consideration to problems since thinking if it 3mins ago).

15 hours ago, Wolfcastle said:

When was the last time a Scottish club won the league, other than Celtic or Rangers, because by that definition, that's what we'd end up with. For television purposes though, I don't think we'd want a league where its a two horse race every single season, something has to give, we need those unimaginable moments like Leicester 👍🏼 

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

PIF don’t seem to want to do that. 

I don’t see how Man City can be found guilty of multi-year intentional financial cheating and not get a relegation. A points deduction doesn’t suffice. 

But like I said yesterday - I don’t think substantial guilty verdicts will stick after appeals. 

The most serious charges they face are tantamount to Fraud, the PL will find it extremely difficult to prove such charges. If City are found guilty of anything it’ll be some of the minor charges, if the hearing doesn’t collapse imo.

18 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

The most serious charges they face are tantamount to Fraud, the PL will find it extremely difficult to prove such charges. If City are found guilty of anything it’ll be some of the minor charges, if the hearing doesn’t collapse imo.

That shouldn't really make a difference because it's not a criminal case, so it is balance of probabilities rather than beyond reasonable doubt.

1 hour ago, mighty__mag said:

When was the last time a Scottish club won the league, other than Celtic or Rangers, because by that definition, that's what we'd end up with. For television purposes though, I don't think we'd want a league where its a two horse race every single season, something has to give, we need those unimaginable moments like Leicester 👍🏼 

Unimaginable moments like Leicester…. . Right that’s my sit in the sun thought content for the next five minutes.

Wait, there are 115 charges including some very serious allegations against a club that has dominated the league in recent years to the point it's boring, for breaching regulations that apply to all the teams and have been extremely disruptive to them... and people want City to win this? [emoji38]

Edited by St. Maximin

2 minutes ago, St. Maximin said:

Wait, there are 115 charges including some very serious allegations against a club that has dominated the league in recent years to the point it's boring, for breaching regulations that apply to all the teams and have been extremely disruptive to them... and people want City to win this? [emoji38]

Man City winning the league every year is a far better alternative to Arsenal, Liverpool or Man United winning it .

Let's be honest due to FFP we aren't going to be able to challenge for the league anytime soon and have far less resources we can use compared to them clubs so City winning it every year is fine with me .