Fulham 3-1 Newcastle United (21/09/24)

Yorkie

Whether the stuff about the tension between Howe and the board is overblown or not, I really don't like the sight of the two Right Said Fred impersonators sat together in the corporates every week with Bunce next to them like fucking Randall from Recess. 

Think it's just because the Sky cameraman loves to pan to them, especially when we're getting beat, but it all just feels quite ominous and that something bad is brewing.

9 minutes ago, Sima said:

Feels like the character of the club and the drive to succeed has left with Amanda and Mehrdad.

The salvation of the club from the Fat Mike doldrums was almost entirely down to Amanda and her relentless determination.

She embodied the new spirit and optimism around the place for me. When we had a good result on telly and the director put her on screen I took pleasure from her pleasure.

Not the same without her.

17 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

I see the knee jerkers are out.

It's hardly knee jerking when performances have been poor all season (and away performances poor for 12 months) and we had a disappointing transfer window

weird game.

they could have won 5-1 or we equalise with that schar/isak chance and go onto to win it.

both teams had decent chances.

felt the first goal was avoidable by blocking the cross, the other two... well nick and bruno, wtf were you thinking?

55 minutes ago, Sima said:

Feels like the character of the club and the drive to succeed has left with Amanda and Mehrdad.

It’s a shame she was forced to leave due to becoming bankrupt after being sued by that Greek fella 

We're junk. The whole feeling of the club seems wrong. Tension between manager and board, and at least two players (Gordon, Isak) who'll probably be eyeing a move next year. Still think we'll manage 7-8th, but it may result in changes to management and the exit of players we hoped to keep.

Looks like Villa will be the club the scare the cartel 6 not us over the next few years.

Edited by Turnbull2000

4 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

The whole feeling of the club seems wrong. Tension between manager and board, and at least two players (Gordon, Isak) who'll probably be eyeing a move next year.

How did you survive the Ashley years?

2 hours ago, Sima said:

I can understand this perspective. Amanda was very Newcastle United. Bold. Confident. She talked big talk.  We like that and engage with that. 

Like as far as a Tory businesswoman can be she was a great figurehead that connected with the base. 

As a club we have always had characters as leaders in my lifetime. Eales won’t connect with us - he comes across too corporate.

I dont agree with that line. But I get it. 

1 hour ago, Turnbull2000 said:

We're junk. The whole feeling of the club seems wrong. Tension between manager and board, and at least two players (Gordon, Isak) who'll probably be eyeing a move next year. Still think we'll manage 7-8th, but it may result in changes to management and the exit of players we hoped to keep.

Looks like Villa will be the club the scare the cartel 6 not us over the next few years.

You realise Villa hired Steven Gerrard during this era? They hired Emery & Monchi and now they are flying. 

If PIF invest properly and wisely outside the first team. We’ll eventually strike gold. Stadium, academy, hires etc. 

2 hours ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Lose the next game and we’re bang on points wise for sixth. And we haven’t really clicked yet. 

Silva seems to be starting to put something pretty fun together at Fulham. They were really good.

His decision to drop Perreira into a deeper role in midfield and recruit Smith-Rowe to play the 10 position instead is looking like a master stroke. He's tying everything together for the team.

It was also somewhat amusing, in a dark and twisted way, to see the NO forum 'shit' players Iwobi and Adama torment us all game. They've both started the season very strongly.

Feels like everywhere you look at the minute there's a player on the right showing ours up. I'm sick of it.