Newcastle United vs. Manchester City: 28/09/24 @ 12:30 (TNT Sports)

HaydnNUFC

On 23/09/2024 at 17:09, Turnbull2000 said:

Urgh. Happy to have him missing against us (not that it'll make much difference lol), but this could be enough to give Arse or Pool an edge over the season. Either of those winning the league is pure :anguish:

Arse will be looking at us in Saturday as a game City could drop points 

I think we need a game like this, in a weird way I think it suits us and hopefully bring about some focus this week.  I think we’ve got a chance but the issue is they can score at anytime, if we’re not on point they will slice through us. We could be playing well and find ourselves 0-2 in a flash.  I’ll be optimistic and go 2-2 

15 hours ago, nufcjb said:

They'll miss some big name players then send on a kid who suddenly makes a name for himself like Oscar Bob last season to win it.

James McAtee

On 23/09/2024 at 17:18, Displayname said:

I might be in the minority here, but i wouldnt mind someone else than City winning the league again. 

no way. not until we're ready to take over.

Perfect game for me (I feel stupid saying that!) - we've given them a hell of a game up here these last two seasons and with it being live on TV, our under-performers need to show up after being linked with £80m to £100m moves away in the summer!

Rodri out is massive and hopefully KDB is too.

Having said, 0-3 no doubt!

Yeah, I'd love to see:

Pope, Trippier, Schar, Burn/Kelly, Tino, Tonali, Bruno, Willock, Gordon, Isak, Barnes

But if Miggy is coming in (which I'm not totally opposed to) I'd want Barnes to keep his spot on the left. 

Expect this might not be a popular take but I'd bring Sean in for this one. We'll have fuck all  of the ball anyway and we could do with his energy, running and ability to generally spoil. 

I would also be tempted to leave one of Gordon or Isak out given their poor form and go with Joelinton wide left, Barnes right and then one of Isak/Gordon through the middle with Sean, Tonali and Bruno behind.

Not sure what approach Eddie will adopt and it's probably the sort of game we don't need at the minute, where we will struggle to recapture any rhythm due to City's style and possession. Hopefully we can at least avoid a pasting & compete well regardless of the result, and then use the Wimbledon game to hopefully build some cohesive attacking momentum.

Edited by Pilko

On 25/09/2024 at 21:26, SUPERTOON said:

Still think Tino is our best left back currently. Surely Tonali starts and Gordon will be fortunate to keep his place.

Which kind of tells you how naff our recruitment and general LB situation has been in recent years 

Considering we've had a week off, Man City still look iffy at the back to start season off (and now have no Rodri), if we don't come out guns blazing with a full press, I will be more annoyed than anything else.

Edit: It's fair enough if we lose it/draw it due to them having depth to throw on for final 20+, but first half really should be all us and putting them under pressure. Need a performance and energy to get fans going.

Edited by Sibierski