Everton 0-0 Newcastle United (05/10/24)

Yorkie

The thing is. When the window turned out the way it did - this was the expected result in a way. We put all our eggs in the unrealistic CB basket. And most were saying “We’re not getting injuries at the same rate this year”, “Without Europe and full weeks on the training ground we’re a lot better”. Well, we’re missing both Isak and Wilson again. We’ve got a young striker who won’t get minutes for some reason.

We were OK today, but it’s still 2 points lost for me. We don’t create enough clear cut chances. When we do we fluff them something rotten. Piss poor penalty from Gordon and a couple of other bad misses. 

Hopefully one of our strikers will be back after the break. We sure as hell need them. 

1 minute ago, Displayname said:

Other than finishing this was a pretty good game from us tbh. Shit finishing though..

We missed several chances to put players in on goal as well when their defence was exposed.

Personally thought that was a decent performance, with a bunch of positives coming from it, it's just really frustrating we weren't able to finish. We where really solid, and controlled most of the game, and that was probably our best away performance in a long time. 

Think there are signs we are getting back to ourselves. Think that was a solid if frustrating point. 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

:lol: quick flick through the thread. Sigh, enjoy the misery, those of you. 

We were good tonight, just snatched at every single big chance, which is very annoying. 

Everton had their chance because of course they did; PL teams always get a chance. We were by a country mile the better team there. 

Point on the road, take it and move on. 

Tldr; PATHETIC!!!

Yeah, it's more frustrating for me because we were so much better than them and just couldn't bury them. But positives to take for sure in terms of an improved away performance 

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

We were good tonight, just snatched at every single big chance, which is very annoying. 

Everton had their chance because of course they did; PL teams always get a chance. We were by a country mile the better team there. 

Tldr; PATHETIC!!!

thank you.

Tldr; PATHETIC!!!

I agree, performance wise we were much better and had we scored just 1 goal, the narrative would be different.

Infuriating how we haven’t realised that Wilson is a crock, or given the young striker a chance.

I'm pissed off with that mind, the lack of quality in the final third this season has been woeful, even when we have had Isak available. How the fuck Murphy and Almiron are still the first choice right wingers is unreal. 

Edited by et tu brute

I think that match has frustrated and irritated me the most of all our matches so far this season - we played infinitely better than previous weeks, but for some reason just could finish the multitude of chances we had, made all the worse by being against a shit lucky team of cloggers like the scouse mackems, somehow they always seem to fluke points against us against run of play.

1 minute ago, nufc4eva said:

We look more solid and better control compared to games before city, seems to be a bit sharper but absolutely shit at hurting teams given the amount of times we had it in their half

Not sure how people don’t realise that Everton are perfectly happy to allow the opposition have the ball most of the game. That’s not “control” imo. 

Everton had their chance because of course they did PL teams always get a chance. We were by a country mile the better team there. 

Tldr; PATHETIC!!!

I've been critical of our away performances for ages, but we win that game with an actual striker up top IMO.  

Played some nice football through midfield at times, we just lacked composure in the final third.  

Considering how rattled we've looked away from home over the last year and how these lot always seem to be up for it against us, it was at least good to see us keep them at arms length for pretty much the entirety of the game and actually dictate the tempo a bit.