need Eddie to out-tactic them

3-5-2 anyone?

-------------Pope 

------Krafth Schar Burn-----

Tino Tonali Bruno Joelinton Hall

-‐---‐-----Isak Gordon

some good options on the bench 

Willock, Barnes, Murphy, Almiron, Miley, Kelly + a few goalkeepers

Kelly for Krafth if that was the set up imo.

15 minutes ago, Ginola14 said:

need Eddie to out-tactic them

3-5-2 anyone?

-------------Pope 

------Krafth Schar Burn-----

Tino Tonali Bruno Joelinton Hall

-‐---‐-----Isak Gordon

some good options/cover on the bench 

Willock, Barnes, Murphy, Almiron, Miley, Kelly, Osula + a few goalkeepers

Takes out an attacker when the problem currently is goal scoring 

6 hours ago, Sibierski said:

Thinking about this game yesterday, and despite having little confidence in getting a result, it is the sort of game where should be expecting better energy levels then the opposition and a good plan to approach the game.

Whole positive point of not being in Europe is for this type of game. We’ve had a week to work on a specific game plan for opposition, whilst they are travelling back from Europe Friday morning and will have scratch training just working briefly on shape and set up. 

Sure they have got 7 or 8 who will start on Sunday who aren't even registered in their conference league squad

It’s exactly the kind of game where we could put in a surprising performance a lá Villa last season.

But, we’re far from predictable in our performances or results so far this season so, no idea.

Their keeper is dodgy as fuck and they concede goals but they’re a better side than us currently. Our top players will have to turn up to get something. A win isn’t out of the question but I’m thinking 2-1

or 3-1 loss.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

On 25/10/2024 at 09:52, CallumG6 said:

Would we rather win in the league or in the cup if you could only have one?

I feel like we need to go all in on the cups this year as an insurance policy for Europe if our league position doesn't qualify us.

Cup. We're doing nowt in the league this year, too many teams have improved. I fancy us in the cups though, can see us having good runs in both. 

On 25/10/2024 at 02:52, CallumG6 said:

Would we rather win in the league or in the cup if you could only have one?

I feel like we need to go all in on the cups this year as an insurance policy for Europe if our league position doesn't qualify us.

Cup by a billion miles! 

On 25/10/2024 at 09:53, SUPERTOON said:

Cup, so I’ll take a draw here.

I mean, if you get to choose a win and a draw wouldn’t you prefer it the other way round? Then you can still win both as long as you win the pens.

If it’s a win and a loss, which would you take?

6 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Cup. We're doing nowt in the league this year, too many teams have improved. I fancy us in the cups though, can see us having good runs in both. 

That's why I think we go out in the cup, because it's more important. If we are going to get a result in the next two fixtures against Chelsea, I feel tomorrow is the far better bet. We are capable of getting a draw in either fixture, but don't think we'll win either, and we'll definitely go out on pens in the cup if we avoid the defeat.

40 minutes ago, TRon said:

That's why I think we go out in the cup, because it's more important. If we are going to get a result in the next two fixtures against Chelsea, I feel tomorrow is the far better bet. We are capable of getting a draw in either fixture, but don't think we'll win either, and we'll definitely go out on pens in the cup if we avoid the defeat.

I don’t think any away game is a better bet for us than at home.