Purely Belter (2000)

Guest kinaldo

It's an awful movie made from an equally awful book.

Harsh man, the book isn't a masterpiece but I think it's decent.

It's weak as piss. Maybe ok for someone who hasn't reached their teenage years at a stretch. It was dull which when it's about football and in particular NUFC that's quite an achievement.

Anyone here seen this film (about 2 Geordies and their struggle to get Newcastle season tickets)? What do Geordies here think of it?

It was on RTÉ tonight (Ireland's public broadcaster) and I thought it was quite funny, especially the bit when the two lads entered into enemy territory.

Also, Alan Shearer's music collection consisting of Des Ree, Natalie Imbruglia and Celine Dion... bluebiggrin.gif

Very enjoyable film tbh.

Aha only seen it the once a few years ago on RTE  aswell so it could of well been the same night ... Tbh everything about the film from the acting to the writing was truly horrific now when I think back to it ... But I was 13 at the time I seen it and I remember thinking it was class aha

Guest firetotheworks

I can't think of a football film that I like actually. Zidane was okay, but that was more football as wanky art along to Mogwai than an actual film.

Both shit, like, never seen a good fictional football film. It's like they're made for people who don't like football and therefore won't watch them. Mental.

Don't tell me the one with Ally McCoist and Robert Duvall is shite as well!?

Never watched it on the grounds it was bound to be.