Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Guest firetotheworks

People that know nothing about football/just read the papers talking out loud about football and, worse still, telling me things.

s*** football chants that completely ignore the reality of the situation, examples being 'who are ya?' (particularly from lower league fans)to the likes of Man United...aye, eh, they're Man United. Or 'Where were you when you were s***?' to Man City fans.

When such and such goes down, you KNOW there's a problem.

Commentators giving negative opinions when they know it's safe to with marked men. e.g. Joey Barton, El Haj Diouf etc and then defending the likes of Rooney, Gerrard, Cole and Terry to the absolute hilt of ignorance.

How can anyone care if people use the anglicised version of a club's name?  I know it's pet hates, but come on.  I don't go round called Bayern Munich, Bayern Munchen and don't intend to.

Does anyone care?

All the people who said it's a pet hate they share, at a guess.

Guest firetotheworks

That's my mate's argument for loads of crap that he comes out with. He's fluent in German so he'll pronounce certain things as they would be in German, which makes sense, but then he says things like Renault as 'Renolt' instead of 'Renoh' and then say things like 'well you don't say "Vaulxvaagen" to which I obviously reply with 'aye, because I'm not a tit'

Foul throws are getting worse like, I didn't see a single legal one in the Man U - Chelsea game. Phil Jones was the worst for it :anguish:

Probably - but throw ins are just a method of getting the game restarted and in general (except for Stoke) do not result in goal scoring opportunities.  I'd rather that the referee crew focused on more serious fouls and tactical misconducts rather than worrying about throw-ins at midfield.  (This is a big problem in youth referees, especially beginning teen refs - for some reason they like to call foul throws but wont call a foul , so when I am the CR I always tell them that they cannot call a foul throw until they have flagged a foul).

Sarcastic laughing at ref's decisions, always so forced, you look a prat

in a similar vein and to the tune of If I was a rich man......"If I was a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides".

Sarcastic laughing at ref's decisions, always so forced, you look a prat

in a similar vein and to the tune of If I was a rich man......"If I was a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides".

HMHB?

yip

when you put on a big accy spread over a whole nights football and 2 mins into the first early game the team you bet on goes down to 10 men. fucking Markus Henriksen of AZ.

Stadium is currently on fire so you might be in luck.

When older (60+) fans call up football phone-ins and just babble on about yesteryear.  There's a time and a place for history lessons and phone-ins aren't really one of those.

dunno its a welcome change from supporters of clubs like Man Utd or in particular Arsenal in recent years ringing up to moan about oh how bad things are for us "only" being in the champions league year after year, playing beautiful football and the "crime" of not winning a trophy in 8 years

It's that time again, but fucking international weekends. Just have a qualification tournament in the summers in the years when there's no Euros or World Cup and spare us these shit weekends of no real football.

Conversation with a colleague in Bristol yesterday, he asks "hows it going up there with newcastle then? You're all deluded aren't you?"

"erm what, we're are all pretty much rock botttom and fearing the worst"

"ahh well you're the only one then"

what?