Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

The matches, other than the one on the main channel, on Match Choice not being in HD on Sky.

Yes.

And that you can't Sky+ those games via a mobile (just the main game)...

Fans who claim to be genuine supporters but don't know that their team is playing when it's not a Saturday. Just last week this happened.

Me: "So are you watching the match tonight?"

Them: "We are playing tonight?"

Me: "Yeah, Europa League"

Them: "Oh yeah, I don't even know how to pronounce the team who are playing name"

Me: "Benfica?"

I don't mind if they claim to just look out for them or would like them to do well, just don't claim to be a loyal fanatic fan and not have a clue.

On a similar note, people on my Facebook Thursday during the day posting about Sunday and how they can't wait for us to "stuff the mackems." Not even any sort of acknowledgment that we had an equally important game that night.

Basically "fans" who only care about two games a season.

Fans who claim to be genuine supporters but don't know that their team is playing when it's not a Saturday. Just last week this happened.

Me: "So are you watching the match tonight?"

Them: "We are playing tonight?"

Me: "Yeah, Europa League"

Them: "Oh yeah, I don't even know how to pronounce the team who are playing name"

Me: "Benfica?"

I don't mind if they claim to just look out for them or would like them to do well, just don't claim to be a loyal fanatic fan and not have a clue.

On a similar note, people on my Facebook Thursday during the day posting about Sunday and how they can't wait for us to "stuff the mackems." Not even any sort of acknowledgment that we had an equally important game that night.

Basically "fans" who only care about two games a season.

:lol: Ah yes, no doubt they'll all be "on it" at half 6 tomorrow morning in preparation for the one match they might actually attend this season. Although they'll probably just watch it on the telly anyway.

aye pubs and bars are always rammed on derby day, usually because lasses that have no interest in the match itself come crawling looking for an excuse to spend a day on the drink.

The non-attending knackers on derby day are usually the worst dregs of town dure their passion being misappropriated unfortunately.

Guest neesy111

aye pubs and bars are always rammed on derby day, usually because lasses that have no interest in the match itself come crawling looking for an excuse to spend a day on the drink.

The non-attending knackers on derby day are usually the worst dregs of town dure their passion being misappropriated unfortunately.

:thup:

Refs (normally the chummy/England ones) who tell someone off for doing something whilst the game is in flow.

There was twice on Sunday when he allowed a throw to be taken, the game was in motion and he signaled to the offending player that he had foul thrown it. Why, if you saw it as a foul throw, didn't you give it in the first place? I can understand with loose challenges and general time wasting but not for throw ins.

Chummy/pally refs in general tbh.