Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

It's been mentioned on here before, you can't accuse us of not taking the League Cup seriously, we just get absolutely ridiculous draws (Chelsea, Arsenal and Man U away) season after season

The FA Cup is fucking pathetic mind.  The teams we have went out recently to:

Brighton x2

Stevenage

Birmingham City

I forget the rest but I bet they're equally as shit.

It's just too surreal to hate them for it.

Lovely walk to the ground too. Me and my Dad used to go there at least two or three times a season when I was a kid.

Spot on there, it's definitely one of my favourite away games.

I'm all for Spurs getting more games in Europa, I'll not deny it's still a semi-prestigious trophy - on a par with the FA Cup. But Top 4 and CL football is where it's at I'm afraid

OK. Now I understand that the League Cup has been devalued in some eyes, as has the UEFA Europa League, and to an extent, the FA Cup. I understand that getting Top 4 makes you shit-loads more money than winning any of the three, and not coincidentally makes you more attractive to players. But fuck off. Fuck. Off. Winning a trophy is fucking ace, your best day as a supporter, and if you don't want to win the thing then scratch and give someone else a bye so they can have a go.

:lol: Arsenal fan acting like silverware doesn't matter. They'd take the Johnstone's Paint Trophy at this point if they could.

Pretty sure that when I was a kid I wanted English clubs to do well. Apart from Arsenal, of course. Nowadays I'm like most, in that I want the clubs I'm in competition with to fail so they don't get cash/kudos etc. Quite happy for someone like Fulham to do OK, because I don't see them as competition.

Aye, the "big clubs" I don't give a fuck about in Europe, but I liked following how the likes of Birmingham and even Stoke did last season for example.

Pretty sure that when I was a kid I wanted English clubs to do well. Apart from Arsenal, of course. Nowadays I'm like most, in that I want the clubs I'm in competition with to fail so they don't get cash/kudos etc. Quite happy for someone like Fulham to do OK, because I don't see them as competition.

Aye, the "big clubs" I don't give a fuck about in Europe, but I liked following how the likes of Birmingham and even Stoke did last season for example.

To be honest, it'll be nice to see a team like Swansea playing in Europe next year. Have a feeling they might do quite well actually, the way they play is made for European competition.

Can't remember the last English team to get through to the latter stages of a European tournament without playing 'park the bus' football.

Don't particularly like Spurs, but I like their attitude/footballing ethos.

Can't remember the last English team to get through to the latter stages of a European tournament without playing 'park the bus' football.

Don't particularly like Spurs, but I like their attitude/footballing ethos.

I'd have said us a couple of years ago, but we definitely parked the bus against Milan. Let's not get too excited though, it was a poor Inter side, and an at-home first leg. We had to go for it, really. Hopefully the return leg will be dull.

Guest firetotheworks

When fans talk about a player's monetary worth in selling them, as if it makes any real difference to us. It especially fucks me off when it's Ben Arfa.

Our players getting tackled, staying down to get the foul even though the ref clearly isn't going to give it, then taking ages to get up again.

Jonas did it today (shock), if he got back up he would have more than likely won the ball back and we would have had possession in their half. Instead he just lay there on the floor, they got the ball out and broke.

So frustrating, you are literally cheating yourself/your team mates.

Guest bimpy474

Our players getting tackled, staying down to get the foul even though the ref clearly isn't going to give it, then taking ages to get up again.

Jonas did it today (shock), if he got back up he would have more than likely won the ball back and we would have had possession in their half. Instead he just lay there on the floor, they got the ball out and broke.

Aye and i think every time that happened with Jonas it wasn't a foul, the Stoke player got the ball which made it even more stupid.

:thup: Was going to bring it up in the match thread but didn't know how far behind my tv was for it to be relevant.

Tony Pulis and everything he stands for

christ its so bad I prefer listening to Allerdyce bollox or watching his tripe compared to what Pulis serves up, at least Allerdyce will occasionally have a player with imagination

Probably been posted but noticed it more this season than ever - whenever any freekick is given away, the opposition will always either kick the ball a couple of yards away or just pick it up and take it away with them. Annoying as fuck, not sure why it riles me up so much

Probably been posted but noticed it more this season than ever - whenever any freekick is given away, the opposition will always either kick the ball a couple of yards away or just pick it up and take it away with them. Annoying as fuck, not sure why it riles me up so much

Any petulant stuff like this could easily be stopped if the officials got harsh and were consistent.

If a player is keeping hold of the ball they should be booked straight away, there is no reason for them to pick it up so if you make it a punishable offence and enforce it every time then they will stop doing it.

Some nonsense in football really does seem to be allowed to continue when it's not remotely complicated to cut out.

More annoying to me is the physical jostling of the referee as in the Norwich-Southampton game on Saturday. At that level they should produce a yellow for each push - bang, bang, bang, bang - and reds if necessary. Then the refs in Sunday football and the like might not get beaten up as regularly as they do by violent arseholes. Just a thought. :dontknow:

Respect, innit?

But where's the respect when the 'professional' pundits then start whinging that the ref's 'ruined' the game with such 'petty' cards? The unfortunate thing is it's gotten to the point where they wouldn't dare card such incidents every time because it'd result in mayhem for a few weeks until players realise they need to get a grip.

"Pundits", man, I could count on the fingers of one of my paws how many of them I even listen to. It just sounds like "Yadda yadda, I'm raking the dosh in" to me. Failures. They couldn't manage, so they took the easy option. They won't get sacked from the comfy chair unless they go all Big Ron, all they have to do is repeat what everyone else says. I'll give G. Neville a decent mark for now, though, he pays attention.

Tony Pulis and everything he stands for

christ its so bad I prefer listening to Allerdyce bollox or watching his tripe compared to what Pulis serves up, at least Allerdyce will occasionally have a player with imagination

Allardyce isn't half as bad as Pulis which says it all, absolutely detestable man of the highest order.

Guest Brendan_Rice

More annoying to me is the physical jostling of the referee as in the Norwich-Southampton game on Saturday. At that level they should produce a yellow for each push - bang, bang, bang, bang - and reds if necessary. Then the refs in Sunday football and the like might not get beaten up as regularly as they do by violent arseholes. Just a thought. :dontknow:

Respect, innit?

The Championship showed a clip of a player tripping the ref, wasn't anywhere near the ball, never seen anything like it. I tried to find a clip but couldn't here is the story:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/championship-brighton-striker-sees-red-ref-incident-222300902.html